Gvi trekker outback vs trekker dolomiti

• Supporting Member
Finally got and installed mine trekker dolomiti panniers.  
IMG_20170814_192155_1.jpg

IMG_20170814_191852.jpg

Is it the camera angle, or will the rack support need to be disassembled anytime the wheel is removed? 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Is it the camera angle, or will the rack support need to be disassembled anytime the wheel is removed?
You are right, rack support needs to be disassembled for wheel to be removed but these panniers uses PLR2122 racks which are rapid release racks, takes less than 1 minute to remove these racks. Very impressed with quality and functionality.

• 7 months later...
  • Premium Member
Question for you guys with the Dolomiti cases, can you leave them unlocked and just use the latch
or do you have use the key every time you open them?
Thanks
BLB

• 2 years later...

I think I'm going to get a black set of the Dolomiti cases for my 900 GT.  I really hate side loading cases after having several bikes where I've put top loading cases.. just so much nicer to pack.  Plus, these are larger and they don't, in my opinion, overpower the rest of the bike and look out of place.  I'm curious how much they weigh because the oem GT cases are heavy empty.

4 hours ago, mellow said:

I think I'm going to get a black set of the Dolomiti cases for my 900 GT.  I really hate side loading cases after having several bikes where I've put top loading cases.. just so much nicer to pack.  Plus, these are larger and they don't, in my opinion, overpower the rest of the bike and look out of place.  I'm curious how much they weigh because the oem GT cases are heavy empty.

If OEM cases are heavy you don't want aluminum cases...btw I have a set of Kappa K-Venture/Givi Trekker Outback 37l for sale.

I got the Dolomiti cases in yesterday, still waiting on the mounting rack.  The GT oem cases are 11 lbs, the Dolomitis are 10.8lbs.  The mounting rack is probably around 7 lbs but you have to remove the oem case mounts on the pass footpeg area.  I'd say it's a wash.

But, love top loading bags for their functionality, I don't plan on carrying a lot of heavy stuff but I like that I can just place it in the bag and it won't just fall out when I open them.  The lid net is also a nice option if you go for it. 

I went with the painted black because I had some bare aluminium Traxx boxes on a previous bike and any water would stain them and require extra buffing to get them to look good again.

IMG_20201121_054023.jpg

IMG_20201121_054041.jpg

IMG_20201121_054051.jpg

IMG_20201121_054111.jpg

Edited by mellow
Spelling
  • Thumbsup 1

My Bike came to me pre-loved and complete with the SHAD three box set so no choice for me. I really like the set up and had I been given a choice I would have gone with the SHAD boxes. A main consideration for me would be how the bike looks without the panniers fitted. Most of my riding is with the topbox only. Panniers are only used on my overnight tours. I like the more minimalist look of the pannier mount system used and don't particularly like the scaffold pipe image that some sets give you. 

FILE0615.JPG

7 minutes ago, HGP61 said:

My Bike came to me pre-loved and complete with the SHAD three box set so no choice for me. I really like the set up and had I been given a choice I would have gone with the SHAD boxes. A main consideration for me would be how the bike looks without the panniers fitted. Most of my riding is with the topbox only. Panniers are only used on my overnight tours. I like the more minimalist look of the pannier mount system used and don't particularly like the scaffold pipe image that some sets give you. 

FILE0615.JPG

I never remove the side cases or top boxes myself  but I did go with the PLR racks which come off completely in about the time it takes to take the bags off.