Belt Drive

BVEBRAD

My neighbor has 63K miles on his original Buell belt.
Wow! - that's impressive!   Thinking more about this topic and accepting we are all diff'rent, if the Tracer was presented with an option of belt drive or chain, everything else being identical, including cost, I'd unhesitatingly go for the belt every time.   In fact, might even accept a slight premium in cost for the belt.   YMMV...  

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member
My neighbor has 63K miles on his original Buell belt.
Wow! - that's impressive!   Thinking more about this topic and accepting we are all diff'rent, if the Tracer was presented with an option of belt drive or chain, everything else being identical, including cost, I'd unhesitatingly go for the belt every time.   In fact, might even accept a slight premium in cost for the belt.   YMMV... 
You can use the money that you would have been spending on chain lube over the life of the belt, $15+ bucks a can nowadays for that goo. 
BLB

• Premium Member
My other bike is a HD XR1200 look it up. 2009 50,000+ miles wheelies on a 550lb bike hard riding bad weather. No problems. I would do a bike with a belt without a doubt.

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member
Adapting belt drive to the FJ-09 would be extremely difficult. Because it wasn't designed for belt drive in the first place, you would have to remove the swingarm for every belt change. There are other challenges but that's a biggie.

Archived