Odyssey 2017

micah2074

• Premium Member
5869 miles in 8 days. I got the saddle sore 1000 and the bun burner 1500.
States ridden through: TN,GA,KY, IL,MO,IA,SD,WY,MT,ID,WA,OR,UT, and NE.
I'll post pics when I get to my laptop.

Let’s go Brandon

• Premium Member
Only me, myself, and I.
For the last few years I've been hitting up a big area once a year. Next year I'll go south and head toward th Grand Canyon and San Francisco. After that I'll pretty much have explored the whole country. My plan when I retire is to pick a state or two and spend a couple of weeks at a time ride all their good roads.
This trip, US 12 across Montana and Idaho is a must do again. Especially LoLo. US 20 from Albany Oregon to Bend, fantastic. Logan Canyon to Garden City in Utah was also loads of fun. I live about an hour from the dragon and I'd pick Logan Canyon any day of the week and twice on sundays over it. 

These are all roads and places that I will absolutely go again. 

Let’s go Brandon

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
I stayed in Albany. Got gas there too. I'm not used to y'alls gas pumping policy and when I was getting off the bike I kicked the poo out of the station attendant. He was standing behind me and I didn't know he was there. I really enjoyed Oregon. I had no idea y'all had so much desert. 

Let’s go Brandon

• Premium Member
Yep. Beach, rain forest, mountains, farmland, desert... It's all a 1-2 hour ride from my house. Oregon was a really nice state before it all caught fire. Glad you were able to see it before!

• Premium Member
Yep. Beach, rain forest, mountains, farmland, desert... It's all a 1-2 hour ride from my house. Oregon was a really nice state before it all caught fire. Glad you were able to see it before!

I really enjoyed it. Especially from Albany to Bend. I did see some burned out areas. Only thing I didn't care for was the gas pump policy.

Let’s go Brandon

• Supporting Member
Yes, the wildfire situation is very concerning.  The fantastic McKenzie Pass and OR138 are closed due to fires right now.  I was heading through that area this coming Friday, I will reroute through John Day, Burns and Fields. Up here in Washington, we are going through the same ordeal right now.  Smoke and haze in the air and road closures.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Archived