Clarification: CustomLED integrated tail light

agunslinger

• Premium Member
If I purchase the CustomLED integrated tailight and tail tidy, and dont use the OEM tail turn signal lights, whats done with the two OEM turn signal wires?

If that's the same one that I have ( it's been a 1.5 years since I put it on) the stock wires are used for the turn signal function in the tail light.

Let’s go Brandon

Ahh, I guess that makes complete sense. Almost a stupid question. ;^) Thanks!
 Just FYI - if you are going to remove OEM turn signals then you need ELFR-1 flasher relay. This relay will replace the OEM flasher relay and provide for the normal blink rate after removing the OEM signals. If you keep the factory relay installed, it will blink fast in an attempt to tell you that you have an incandescent light bulb burned out.

Ahh, I guess that makes complete sense. Almost a stupid question. ;^) Thanks!
 Just FYI - if you are going to remove OEM turn signals then you need ELFR-1 flasher relay. This relay will replace the OEM flasher relay and provide for the normal blink rate after removing the OEM signals. If you keep the factory relay installed, it will blink fast in an attempt to tell you that you have an incandescent light bulb burned out.
I second that. I added the relay and all is good in the world of blinking rates 
'15 FJ-09 with an aftermarket parts addiction

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived