E Bay hand-guard raising brackets

Browsing the E Bay FJ-09 parts I came across these brackets at about USD$15 (AUD$20).   They appear to allow the front/ external piece of the hand-guards to be lifted up by an unstated amount - probably at least an inch or so, which could make a useful difference for some.   Anybody seen or fitted these please?

P1040063.jpg

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

They, or something very like it, come with the Puig screen, to avoid the screen hitting the handguards on full lock. I have them and leave them on even when I have other screens fitted. No noticeable effect except the intended clearance benefit.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Browsing the E Bay FJ-09 parts I came across these brackets at about USD$15 (AUD$20).   They appear to allow the front/ external piece of the hand-guards to be lifted up by an unstated amount - probably at least an inch or so, which could make a useful difference for some.   Anybody seen or fitted these please? 

P1040063.jpg

Have a link so others can find this too? please, always share links! 8wVkXgY.gif

P1040063.jpg

Have a link so others can find this too? please, always share links! 8wVkXgY.gif
Happy to do so if you can show me the way...!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Just cut and paste the link in the browser address bar. http://www.ebay.com/itm/272837570365
(I usually clean it up by getting rid of the .au and description.)
Like this, sunny? - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/272837570365.   So easy - one lives and learns... 

I didn't know that @piotrek . I've been painstakingly typing the bbcode version and gave up as I couldn't be bothered.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Like this, sunny? - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/272837570365.   So easy - one lives and learns...
... or even like this. Copy the URL from the address bar on the page you want to reference (link to), click on the globe icon on the far left... 
When the dialog box appears... type anything you want under "link" and paste the URL under "URL". Click "Create Link"... and voila. BTW... remove the dot at the end of your link (in your post) and it will then work. ;)

Well, this is all well and good for the vast majority, piotrek, but I was born in the days when a crystal set was extremely high tech (those < 65 won't have a clue!).   What's a URL?   Address bar (where one partakes of strong liquor)?   I am well and truly left behind (sobs). :'(

I didn't know that @piotrek . I've been painstakingly typing the bbcode version and gave up as I couldn't be bothered.
..tadaaaa!!!
Anyway, we digress!   Has anyone installed these brackets, and if so to what effect please?

And in a couple months we will switch to the new forum software and server. And no matter how often I warn everyone that they will have to change their passwords to login to the new site, at least 200 of you will try to login with old passwords over and over and then get locked out of your accounts. As Im learning with the fz07 forum presently, lol.

On the new forum, you will only have to paste the URL of a link into a post and it will auto embed.

And in a couple months we will switch to the new forum software and server. And no matter how often I warn everyone that they will have to change their passwords to login to the new site, at least 200 of you will try to login with old passwords over and over and then get locked out of your accounts. As Im learning with the fz07 forum presently, lol.  
On the new forum, you will only have to paste the URL of a link into a post and it will auto embed.
The thing that bothers me most about this changeover, Cruizin (and I realise it's not happened yet) is that we have been told that most if not all past photographs may or will be lost.   If so, that's going to be a real loss, as the archive here is invaluable.   Any way around this issue?

The thing that bothers me most about this changeover, Cruizin (and I realise it's not happened yet) is that we have been told that most if not all past photographs may or will be lost.   If so, that's going to be a real loss, as the archive here is invaluable.   Any way around this issue?

Most photos will be kept. We cant help the photobucket pics, as photobucket shut off billions of hosted images this past summer on websites all over the world. Those pics are already broken.

Pics that have been uploaded using "add image to post" will be kept.

Pics uploaded using a hotlink, should mostly be kept.

Pics that were uploaded by premium member using their secret "upload attachment" button. Most of those will be lost.

But, this happens to all forums. Again, most pics will be saved in the transfer.

I recommend that anyone who uploaded a pic as an attachment (premium members) go ahead and save those pics to their pc's so they can upload them on the new forum.

Pics that have been uploaded using "add image to post" will be kept.  
That's good news and allays my fears: thanks for the update....

• 3 weeks later...
I ordered these to try. They arrived from China in about 10 days and seem well made. The handguards (both pieces on each side) are raised about 1.5 inches and moved forward about an inch. I have a National Cycle V-stream tall touring windscreen so I have major interference issues.  Looks like these would be ok with the stock screen.  I may use these in the future if I go back stock.  Missed it by that much-----

Ride Safe,

Time for an edit.  First thing - I'm stubborn and don't like giving up.  So - - - I continued trying different configurations and ended up successfully getting these to work on my bike's standard hand guards.  I have clearance on the aftermarket screen and now my levers are lower and seem to feel better.  I have a long ride coming up the end of next week and will post some pix and additional comments if these work well.  

Ride Safe, 

Archived