Difference between Givi and Kappa

Ive recently stumbled upon an accessory company called Kappa which seems to be a debadged version of Givi. I've used a lot of Givi products in the past but have not really heard of Kappa. The Kappa products seem to be unlabled and cheaper, is there any other difference? Why is Kappa cheaper? Why have two different brands?

http://www.twistedthrottle.ca/kappa-2122dt-windscreen-for-yamaha-fj-09-15-17

Priced $171

http://www.twistedthrottle.ca/givi-2122dt-windshield-kit-for-yamaha-fj-09-15-16-clear

Priced $185

Guest kernowjim
it's essentially the same stuff just a little less fancy than Givi.  Nothing wrong with the quality it's just a bit more utilitarian than Givi.

• Premium Member
Some products are the same except for the badge e.g. compare the E22 & K22 boxes.

Some products are unique to each brand.

Some Kappa products are identical in function to the Givi counterpart, using the same moulds but using cheaper materials or bare plastic rather than a painted or trimmed surface. This is a very European thing: sister brands selling products with the same function but at different price points based on quality of finish & materials or added bells & whistles e.g. compare VW & Skoda cars based on the same base model or Piaggio scooter brands such as Gilera, Derbi & Aprilia.

Some manufacturers own brand stuff is also made by Givi/Kappa. My Triumph Explorer boxes are Givi/Kappa products with Triumph badges. Mine were "free" as a sweetener to buy a bike in its last year of production before an upgrade for 2018. Otherwise I would have bought the Kappa branded ones for 66% of the price.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Some products are the same except for the badge e.g. compare the E22 & K22 boxes. 
Some products are unique to each brand.

Some Kappa products are identical in function to the Givi counterpart, using the same moulds but using cheaper materials or bare plastic rather than a painted or trimmed surface. This is a very European thing: sister brands selling products with the same function but at different price points based on quality of finish & materials or added bells & whistles e.g. compare VW & Skoda cars based on the same base model or Piaggio scooter brands such as Gilera, Derbi & Aprilia.

Some manufacturers own brand stuff is also made by Givi/Kappa. My Triumph Explorer boxes are Givi/Kappa products with Triumph badges. Mine were "free" as a sweetener to buy a bike in its last year of production before an upgrade for 2018. Otherwise I would have bought the Kappa branded ones for 66% of the price.
^^ What he said ^^
Honda SS50, Kawasaki Z200, Honda 400/4, Yamaha TDM900, Yamaha XT660Z Tenere, KTM 990 Adventure, BMW R1200GS, Mr Stevens, and my favourite of all: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer...a bit like FJ-09 only properly named :¬P

Archived