Differences between 15 & 17

"New for 2017:
"New Assist and Slipper Clutch

"Yamaha’s assist and slipper clutch gives the rider smoother, more confident downshifts when entering corners aggressively, as well as a lighter pull effort at the lever in day-to-day riding, all while easily handling the torque of the FJ-09’s high-output motor.

"New Adjustable Traction Control System

"An updated Traction Control System (TCS) assists the rider in managing traction on various road conditions by quickly modulating throttle opening, ignition timing and fuel volume. The FJ-09’s TCS now includes two modes to suit various road conditions, and can also be disabled by the rider if they so choose."
https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/sport-touring/models/fj-09

• Premium Member
Both of these “improvements” sound very good. If I didn’t already have an FJ09 and were looking I would have to weigh the price of obtaining a 17 with these versus a 15 or 16 without them. My thinking tells me that then looking at a used FJ vs a new 17 FJ will be more confused by the previously added accessories.
? So good shopping to you. ?

Brick
2015 Yamaha FJ-09 "Red Molly"
2014 Yamaha Super Tenere' ES
1999 Suzuki SV650

• Supporting Member
Both of these “improvements” sound very good. If I didn’t already have an FJ09 and were looking I would have to weigh the price of obtaining a 17 with these versus a 15 or 16 without them. My thinking tells me that then looking at a used FJ vs a new 17 FJ will be more confused by the previously added accessories. ? So good shopping to you. ?
To me, the extra setting for traction control hardly seems worth it, however the assist/slipper clutch on the ‘17 is nice. It can be retrofit on the ‘15 and ‘16 for $230, I installed one on my ‘15 two weeks ago.  
One other change on the ‘17 is the DIAG menu is locked out, you can no longer clear your own fault codes. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 4 weeks later...

Archived