Fender eliminator + side cases?

• Premium Member
Anyone running the two together and have had any fitment problems? I've got the Yoshi kit on now, and looking for side cases in the near future. It almost looks like it might rub on the pumpkins. Thanks in advance for the input

I run soft bags. No problem. That probably doesn’t help.

Let’s go Brandon

• Premium Member
I do but added an aftermarket super bright tail light that includes turn signals. Damn if I can, right now, remember the name brand model. It’s amazing as it’s led and has lots of options. Seems like X something.
I’m laying in a nice warm bed so not ready to go to the cold basement to get the info now. ?

Brick
2015 Yamaha FJ-09 "Red Molly"
2014 Yamaha Super Tenere' ES
1999 Suzuki SV650

I do but added an aftermarket super bright tail light that includes turn signals. Damn if I can, right now, remember the name brand model. It’s amazing as it’s led and has lots of options. Seems like X something. I’m laying in a nice warm bed so not ready to go to the cold basement to get the info now. ?

Lol I understand completely. Whenever you get a chance let me know the brand. Thanks

Anyone running the two together and have had any fitment problems? I've got the Yoshi kit on now, and looking for side cases in the near future. It almost looks like it might rub on the pumpkins. Thanks in advance for the input
I run soft bags. No problem. That probably doesn’t help.

Not as much if they were hard bags, but it does help. Thanks

• Supporting Member
Clearance will vary depending on what side cases you use.  OEM cases and even FJR cases will fit closer than some aftermarket cases.  Are you planning one keeping the OEM turn signals?  I use the X-Arc signals and they are smaller and narrower than stock signals.  Don't let the small size fool you, they are BRIGHT!! 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Clearance will vary depending on what side cases you use.  OEM cases and even FJR cases will fit closer than some aftermarket cases.  Are you planning one keeping the OEM turn signals?  I use the X-Arc signals and they are smaller and narrower than stock signals.  Don't let the small size fool you, they are BRIGHT!! 

Those must be the signals brick was trying to tell me about in the previous comment. Just looked up the x-arc. $150 bucks for duos? Pricey, but look like they are stupid bright. I havnt got my mind made up on what cases I want to get yet, I'm just trying to prevent any problems I might run into once I pull the trigger on cases.

@lotlizard I have the SH36s with Motodynamics fender eliminator and integrated tail light. I also have some smaller LED turn signals installed which fit within the hard cases. The stock pumpkins will definitely make contact unless you find a creative way to mount them.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

@lotlizard I have the SH36s with Motodynamics fender eliminator and integrated tail light. I also have some smaller LED turn signals installed which fit within the hard cases. The stock pumpkins will definitely make contact unless you find a creative way to mount them.
Exactly the answer I was looking for. Thanks! Guess I'll fork out the money for the x-arc and call it good

Archived