Clarification: Givi Outback Side Frames

bigorangecntry07

Hey everyone! I'm picking up some Outback side cases for my FJ at a really good price, but I have some questions about the Side frames hopefully someone can answer (I did search first BTW ;) )

So I assume there are only two mounting hardware options from Givi, PLR2122 Rapid Release, and PL2122CAM Outback Side frames. Is that correct? 

Only differences being that one is meant to be a permanent install and the other can be taken off the bike easily? There's also a like price difference....
What's the best option here? 

TIA.

• Premium Member
SWMotech has a quick-release set of racks that are adaptable to a variety of side cases.  Click
Jesus... those are twice the price of givi though
but your only option of you already have a number of Givi Monokey cases you want to use on the FJ/Tracer 
I had them on my Tracer - worked well, usually with a set of Givi E21 boxes but occasionally with some Kappa K40s if I needed a lot of capacity. 
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• 2 months later...
Hey everyone! I'm picking up some Outback side cases for my FJ at a really good price, but I have some questions about the Side frames hopefully someone can answer (I did search first BTW ;)
So I assume there are only two mounting hardware options from Givi, PLR2122 Rapid Release, and PL2122CAM Outback Side frames. Is that correct? 

Only differences being that one is meant to be a permanent install and the other can be taken off the bike easily? There's also a like price difference....
What's the best option here? 

TIA.

• Supporting Member
SWMotech has a quick-release set of racks that are adaptable to a variety of side cases.  Click
Jesus... those are twice the price of givi though
Products with the SW-Motech name seem to always have a premium price attached.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Archived