Softer rear spring

ledruide

@pattonme

Hi,
      I'm looking for a softer rear shock spring for my 2017 FJ09, I weight 130 ( 56 kg)  and the original spring is pretty stiff

Any recommandations?

Thanks

• Supporting Member
If you contact any competent suspension shop, they should be able to recommend spring rates (front and rear) for your weight - with riding gear. At a bare minimum, get correct rate springs and set your rider sag.

Contact @pattonme for correct spring rate and pricing.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Your weight is in the sweet spot for the OEM springs... you can adjust the rear shock 2 ways by either the preload or adjusting the compression needle (?)...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Supporting Member
Your weight is in the sweet spot for the OEM springs... you can adjust the rear shock 2 ways by either the preload or adjusting the compression needle (?)...
The OEM shock doesn't have compression adjustability, preload and rebound clicker only.   

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I don't agree with you, preload and rebound setting are at the minimum, with a passenger on the bike total weight is around 270 and the ride is much better, after 15000 km. with this bike I can say the spring is pretty stiff 

If you contact any competent suspension shop, they should be able to recommend spring rates (front and rear) for your weight - with riding gear. At a bare minimum, get correct rate springs and set your rider sag. 
Contact @pattonme for correct spring rate and pricing.

How can I contact him, don't see a way to send a message to pattonme

Thanks

I'm ~160 and the stock springs are okay for me. Shave 30 lbs, and yea, I could see needing lighter springs.

To message pattonme:
Click on his blue name, that will take you to his profile.
Look in the right hand corner above all of his follower's profile pictures
There's a "Send Message" button.

Cheers

'15 FJ09

I'm ~160 and the stock springs are okay for me. Shave 30 lbs, and yea, I could see needing lighter springs. 
To message pattonme:
Click on his blue name, that will take you to his profile.
Look in the right hand corner above all of his follower's profile pictures
There's a "Send Message" button.

Cheers
Thanks, but there is only a FOLLOW button , no send message button??

@pattonme  
Hi,
      I'm looking for a softer rear shock spring for my 2017 FJ09, I weight 130 ( 56 kg)  and the original spring is pretty stiff

Any recommandations?

Thanks
The FZ 09's were supposedly undersprung.  You might be able to find a take off FZ 09 shock for cheap.  Damping won't be improved.

@pattonme  

The FZ 09's were supposedly undersprung.  You might be able to find a take off FZ 09 shock for cheap.  Damping won't be improved.
It could be an interesting option, thanks for the information

Thanks, but there is only a FOLLOW button , no send message button??
You might need a minimum post count to send private messages actually. Would explain whats up.
That's make sense,  11 messages and I have now the message button, so maybe 10 is the minimum ! 
Thanks

alright I'm here! 130lb you want a 90 or perhaps 85N/mm spring. The problem is the spring length is non-standard so you'll need a custom spacer. That won't fix the (especially) comp or rebound damping issues though. The ZX6 shocks that fit run a 90N/mm spring by default and can run any standard spring. The damping is marginally better but the unwelcome aspect (?) is that the shock is longer which will raise your saddle height.

alright I'm here! 130lb you want a 90 or perhaps 85N/mm spring. The problem is the spring length is non-standard so you'll need a custom spacer. That won't fix the (especially) comp or rebound damping issues though. The ZX6 shocks that fit run a 90N/mm spring by default and can run any standard spring. The damping is marginally better but the unwelcome aspect (?) is that the shock is longer which will raise your saddle height.
Tanks for the input pattonme, As they say, it's all about compromise !!

Archived