Tool storage

I am working on tool storage under the tail, exactly where the thing in the video is pissing water.  

Have you seen this from Givi piotrek?  
https://www.ghostbikes.com/products/15329-givi-tool-box-(s250).html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwqsHWBRDsARIsALPWMEOmdK4WLPbptnbRHIvkM8vAeFeCmvQe9O3MZXmbXxVczqPYNEGr_-saAuZoEALw_wcB

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Ha! Ironically I've just done the opposite and ordered the Givi box as I think it will fit on the inside of the Shad mounts.

Sorry again to the OP for side-tracking the thread.

• 2 weeks later...
Temps are up, so spent some time in the garage mocking things up. 3" ABS pipe (13" long for now) suspended from side case brackets. Sized to fit a 3" x 11" Storm tool pouch. Fixed with zip-ties to check for clearance from the tire before going any further with this. A comfortable minimum of ~2" while under load and bouncing on the bike pretty good. Next step... fabricate a brace that won't eat into that clearance. 
CROP_20180421_210130.jpg

This is a great idea that I have used on earlier BMWs.   It's amazing the amount of extra tools, etc, that you can fit in.   Also, ABS can be softened by heating in an oven - I set it at 150 deg - and then by applying a bit of weight it can form the tube into a roughly rectangular shape.   Volume, of course, remains the same but it may fit more snugly due to the flatter shape.   FWIW...

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member

There's also lots of room behind your shad cases, I mounted a tool box from a DR650 I had laying around onto the shad rack and may put one on the other side as well for the tire kit.

5868831.jpg

BLB

• Premium Member
That might be the OEM tool case for the DR650. I seem to remember having one on my DR but that was 5 years ago or something...
It is the oem Suzuki box, there are some on ebay but Suzuki should also have them because the Dr650 hasent changed as far as I know. Mine is from an older model but I see some off late models on ebay that look the same. 
And it's about 8x3x2.5 inches 
BLB

It is the oem Suzuki box, there are some on ebay but Suzuki should also have them because the Dr650 hasent changed as far as I know. Mine is from an older model but I see some off late models on ebay that look the same. 
And it's about 8x3x2.5 inches 
That is one thing I enjoyed about the DR650. Parts were never hard to find, its been the same damned bike for so long anything would work just about!

'15 FJ09

• Premium Member
5869079.jpg

Here's a mo better view

BLB

• Premium Member
@britelitebob ... you mind putting a measuring tape to that box? Most of the stuff out on the Interweb is Suzuki part 41550-37210 (for the DR650), or clone of... at about 7" of usable length. Yours looks longer. tongue.png 
Kinda looks like yours could be from LT80 Quad... ever had one?

s-l1600.jpg

It's about 8x3x2 inches and looks like that one but not the same, and it did come off a dr650 from around 98 I think.
BLB

• 2 weeks later...
The givi tool box finally arrived, I guess it came all the way from Italy

givi_tool_box_side.jpg

givi_tool_box-rear.jpg

Looking forward to fabbing up some way of attaching it, in the same way britelitebob has done above.

That tool tube bracket looks good @piotrek, I never managed to find anything like that so still have the unused tube. Have you thought of a way to secure the lid or are you gifted with nicer folks around you? Last week the guy I ride with had his house broken into while they were upstairs in bed, they found where he keeps his vehicle keys and stole his Ford Focus ST and both his wife’s motorbikes.

• Premium Member
That tool tube bracket looks good @piotrek , I never managed to find anything like that so still have the unused tube. Have you thought of a way to secure the lid or are you gifted with nicer folks around you? Last week the guy I ride with had his house broken into while they were upstairs in bed, they found where he keeps his vehicle keys and stole his Ford Focus ST and both his wife’s motorbikes.
That's a bummer, although I have to say I wish that I could sleep as good as your friend does.
BLB

Archived