Tool storage

I was surprised too, but the thieves broke the lock to the patio doors very easily according the scene of crime guys, then just quietly went searching for the keys. They must have been watching the house for a while as the only house they broke into in the neighborhood had a tasty car and 4 motorbikes. CCTV shows three gang members. Any more and they would probably have taken them all.

The MT09 was found quickly, only a few miles way, but the brand new Kawasaki and the car are still missing.

Lessons learnt: low mounted security lights are useless, they just broke them. Standard double glazing locks are easy to snap/break. Keeping all the vehicle keys together made their job easier.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

That tool tube bracket looks good @piotrek , I never managed to find anything like that so still have the unused tube. Have you thought of a way to secure the lid or are you gifted with nicer folks around you? Last week the guy I ride with had his house broken into while they were upstairs in bed, they found where he keeps his vehicle keys and stole his Ford Focus ST and both his wife’s motorbikes.
Yikes!!!! 

'15 FJ09

• Supporting Member
Tube brackets came in from Weld86 Motoparts while I was away on business last week... wasted no time fitting it all together this weekend (made room for Mother's Day, of course). Very simple installation to the Shad 3P supports, similar to what @britelitebob did on his bike (DR650 OE tool box), just had to offset the tube brackets some 8mm 5mm inward to clear stuff. As a matter of fact, the SS tube brackets are meant for the DR650. They weren't cheap, but they are excellent quality and the final assembly is super solid. The biggest pain was cutting/sanding the mounting ears off the tubes. Weld86 sells the complete kit (modded tubes and the brackets), but I would have gotten pinched on shipping cost so I bought the tubes locally.

I might opt for black fasteners and washers at some point, but for now the project is complete. Happy with the result. Some photos.

boltsnwashers.jpg

tubeinside.jpg

tubesback.jpg

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

Nicely done.   When using a similar set -up to carry some small tools I put them first into an old but strong sock, making it easier to get them out when needed (never were, but...).

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

@piotrek, please put stickers on those so they look like rear facing missile pods ???

Nice installation by the way.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Archived