FJ-09 Poor Resale Value?

Guest highplainsrider

Guest highplainsrider
I came across this craigslist ad last night:

https://fortcollins.craigslist.org/mcy/d/yamaha-fj-09-great-touring/6582248992.html

I do not know the seller and am not promoting the sale. It is just another example of how quickly these bikes depreciate. Any theories as to why or or do you think the depreciation for FJ's is typical for motorcycles in general?

I have a 2015 and was offered more than that on trade in... this person is selling it cheap.

However, our resale value has been hurt by the fact that there is still a decent amount of new inventory available. I would not recommend buying a motorcycle thinking you are going to sell it and get the money you put into it back. Most bikes will depreciate to between $5000-$3500 within 5 years and then retain that value for an extended period of time. My 2015 is 3 years old with 15000 miles on it and a lot of extras.. I was offered $6000 on trade in, so I would expect around $6500 +/- a couple hundred for a private sale.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member
I'm more concerned about finding space in my garage to add another motorcycle as I don't consider selling my bikes. They're depreciating assets and for me re-sale value is a non consideration. Run them till they melt. When I'm gone my family can sell them off....
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

Archived