15 plate riders. Post your views.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Coming from a daytona 675 the riding position is spot on for me but the suspension is soft compared to the daytona which you'd expect but will take some getting used too.
Heated grips are good but the stock muffler needs to go lol.
Might remove the hand guards to aid filtering once I've tried it on my commute.
Been 2 up on it today for 28 miles and found it soaks up pillion weight with ease.

1st impressions  are it's very light after my Crosstourer, superb sounding engine,averaged 50mpg riding back from the dealership, lots of options/preferences for the dash, apparently when it's low on fuel it shows '0' and then counts up to 20ish which is the reserve  O_o  just got back before a huge thunder storm  :D so far so good

Picked up the Tracer this morning dealer put on bacon rolls and coffee very nice 

Took a ride along the Northumberland coast 

Bike feels great I  like every aspect  now to start making it my own with a bit of customization 

DSC_0001_zpsm0e3i2jg.jpg

DSC_0002_zpshrscxqat.jpg

DSC_0003_zpst3zbbnma.jpg

Congrats man, awesome bike you have there! I've been following your posts and am really happy to see that you got your bike!

Have fun, be careful and share your experience for years to come!

Picked up the Tracer this morning dealer put on bacon rolls and coffee very nice 

Took a ride along the Northumberland coast 

Bike feels great I  like every aspect  now to start making it my own with a bit of customization 

DSC_0001_zpsm0e3i2jg.jpg

DSC_0002_zpshrscxqat.jpg

DSC_0003_zpst3zbbnma.jpg

apparently when it's low on fuel it shows '0' and then counts up to 20ish which is the reserve
I've had the opportunity to test this out, when it gets to reserve the last segment in the gauge and the bowser icon flash, the info panel changes to a count up from when going onto reserve - think it just carries on counting till you run out of fuel! 
I picked mine up yesterday afternoon, dealer had sold 4 bikes, but only two were delivered - so I am one of the lucky ones. Was told not to go over 4k RPM for the first 100 miles, then not to exceed 6k - will see about that, have stuck to it so far though.
Didn't have a lot of daylight after leaving the dealer, but did manage 70 miles. Heated grips did help, but thumb nearly lost the will to live in the cold!

16509875930r9VqVhumm can't get the pics to display, need to figure that one out  - https://www.flickr.com/photos/stevephi/sets/72157651065155526/with/16074960724/

apparently when it's low on fuel it shows '0' and then counts up to 20ish which is the reserve
I've had the opportunity to test this out, when it gets to reserve the last segment in the gauge and the bowser icon flash, the info panel changes to a count up from when going onto reserve - think it just carries on counting till you run out of fuel! 
I picked mine up yesterday afternoon, dealer had sold 4 bikes, but only two were delivered - so I am one of the lucky ones. Was told not to go over 4k RPM for the first 100 miles, then not to exceed 6k - will see about that, have stuck to it so far though.
Didn't have a lot of daylight after leaving the dealer, but did manage 70 miles. Heated grips did help, but thumb nearly lost the will to live in the cold!

16509875930r9VqVhumm can't get the pics to display, need to figure that one out  - https://www.flickr.com/photos/stevephi/sets/72157651065155526/with/16074960724/

Nice pics bike looks great

there is a selection on the forum how to post pictures

I'm waiting eagerly till Tuesday!
You back from your ride yet, or maybe you are stuck outside waiting for the grin to die down so you can get through the door? ::) 
I couldn't make up my mind if I wanted the Red or Grey one, was just down to the fact my jacket is Red!

Hi,

My bike has significant play on throttle. It is about 8-10 mm play when rolling it from starting position and it also moves sideways - 2mm. I have heated grips fitted on mine, which I believe could be the cause of this excessive play.

It is bit annoying as when I ride on rough surfaces and keep it off the throttle, I am accidentally increasing speed due to my wrist movement on bumps. If it was just roll play, I would be probably fine, but it also moves sideways, which is annoying, as I feel that I'm kind of disconnected from the grip.

Has anyone noticed similar issue on theirs?

• Premium Member
First impressions after 120 miles - hahahahahahahahahahahaha

I did a round trip to Lydney along the A48 from Gloucester. This is a very twisty road with lots of signs pleading with people to slow down and reminders about the no. of accidents.

Apparently there is a 50mph limit in places.

I had some huge giggles going around some of the corners. Compared to my Super Tenere, this bike is very nimble and just sticks to the road. A Couple of times I have it a good shove into the corner as if on the Super Ten and turned a little too sharply.

I think I have recalibrated now as the ride home was somewhat faster than the ride to Lydney.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

That's fantastic, I must chat to you one day about riding the Cotswolds.

I too found I'm having to recalibrate, doing speed is sooo easy and effortless - then the corners, oops did I just get around there at that speed :D. I'm also having to recalibrate my view on the tyres, been a Michelin Man (in more ways than one) for 3 decades and had a bad experience on Dunlops before, these do seem to be the business.

Archived