Snow Chopper

oae

With having a club name like the Frozen Few and a bottom rocker that says Antarctica I always get the question 'do you ride down there?' Well its complicated, its yes, no, maybe sorta. We do have a Snow chopper that two over winter mechanics built from parts out of the trash bins.
STN7922.jpg
It rides like a brick, can't turn for a thinkers damn and will do about 35 mph in a straight line. To be honest its a very rare day when its brought out and someone actually rides it. With all the safety protocols we have to go thru it just isn't practical. Oh well we do have fun.
DSCN1065.jpg
In case you're wondering this is home away from home. McMurdo Station. Its the largest science station on the Ice with a summer population of 1,000. That number is 1/5 of the population for the entire continent during the summer. Winter the population drops to about 700, 150 of those to be found at Mac Town.
DSC_9660.jpg
I've probably bored you all long enough. Next I'll probably have to tell the tale of SPOT ( South Pole Operational Traverse) I just have to see if I can find some pictures for itCheers

Yamaha techs and marketing guys are probably already designing something along these Snow Chopper lines to replace the Niken!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Archived