New seat, but I didn’t spend alot

Hello guys! So like most of you know, if you do more than about 45 minutes of riding your butt starts to hurt. So I was looking at aftermarket seats and YouTube, and decided to make something of my own. I got on the super tenere forms and made an account. From there, I was able to see parts for sale. Of course, somebody was selling the rider and passenger foam and covers for $60, so I bought them. I also bought a $30 motorcycle heat pad. I put it all together, and wired up though harness, and I am truly happy with the results. The FJ09 and a super tenere aren’t the same size, however they're about the same shape. With the super Tenere being bigger, I just placed it on the FJ 09 pan, made an outline on the foam, and cut to fit. There is even a little bit of foam on the sides. All in all I’m not the greatest at it, but it got the job done, and it’s so much better than the stock FJ09 seat. I don’t know if anybody else has done this, so I’m sorry if it’s a repeat post, but wanted to share to anyone who doesn’t want to spend a lot of money.
07_EDE710-6_DFE-48_AF-873_E-7949_AA38_E1_BF.jpg

85_EBACB9-3465-4649-91_C4-_DCB7830_B3630.jpg
793_D0_A2_D-_B38_B-4011-93_B1-459_F3_F3_BB6_E7.jpg

Awesome. I've made a few seats, but they didn't look as nice as yours. If you want to recover the seat with a slipperier material, I had a local upholstery shop make a cover for a Triumph Tiger for $30. I chose a carbon fiber weave pattern for that seat.

Good job. Not bad at all for $30. BTW, those are some SERIOUS highway pegs, do they scrape while cornering?
lol, thanks, they are some serious pegs!!! They can scrape, but it takes a lot to get them to scrape, I really have to be leaning into it. I’m here in Abilene TX where it’s nothing but straightaways and long roads, so I don’t worry too much about scraping. If I was back home in NC I’d raise them up or put them in front for sure. I had them up front, but I didn’t like the cruiser feel. This gives me the sporty position and the dirt bike position. I have a torn meniscus in my left knee, so I have to change positions often, lol

Jesus H Christ... you're not kidding, totally glanced over those.
lol, it’s a good alternative when you have straight roads. I was using them as hwy pegs on my GL1800, but bought a different pair, and threw the old ones on the FJ.

Man that seat looks nice and comfy! I took mine apart and added a layer of high density rebond foam in between the pan and the stock foam. The original cover is plenty stretchy enough to be reused. It's an improvement but I'm sure not as much as yours is.

Archived