FJ-09 Front TCS Sensor Hitting Wheel

@electricpanda So sorry to hear of your ordeal. Its unbelievable how some dealers treat their customers. 
Did you ever get the new customer survey after buying your bike?

Yes, it’s ridiculous. They’re all about the sale.

No, I haven’t received the survey yet but am highly anticipating recieving it XD

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would also write the owner a detailed email. They might not give a flying leap (like a certain outfit here) but I've seen even Fortune 500 CEOs write (well dictate to their secretaries) responses to well-written letters expressing concerns.

To remove the front wheel, put the bike on the centre stand, loosen the front axle nut, then put a jack under the header pipes. I put a small piece of softwood on the jack head to protect the pipes. Jack up gently until the front wheel is just clear.

As an additional precaution I put a piece of rope around the handlebars, in the centre, and tie that to a roof beam above the bike. Just enough tension to hold it if the jack failed.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

I would also write the owner a detailed email. They might not give a flying leap (like a certain outfit here) but I've seen even Fortune 500 CEOs write (well dictate to their secretaries) responses to well-written letters expressing concerns.

Yeah, I’m hoping I can write an email that will come across as professional and productive. Something tells me it’s going to turn into one of those 1 star rant reviews on google XD

To remove the front wheel, put the bike on the centre stand, loosen the front axle nut, then put a jack under the header pipes. I put a small piece of softwood on the jack head to protect the pipes. Jack up gently until the front wheel is just clear.  
As an additional precaution I put a piece of rope around the handlebars, in the centre, and tie that to a roof beam above the bike. Just enough tension to hold it if the jack failed.

Thanks a bunch! I’ll use this method.

• Supporting Member
@electricpanda - That is really unfortunate to hear... it seems you were being very reasonable with the dealership about their setup mistake. Sorry it wasn’t resolved quickly for you.

You’re going to love the bike! Hopefully this false start doesn’t adversely impact your opinion...

Update: I found a dealership (where I bought my first bike, a Yamaha dual sport) close by that got me the part in 3 business days. I installed the wheel the right way and installed the new sensor. It’s pretty easy to do in about 15 mins. If you lay on the ground and look above the radiator, there’s a small wiring harness connector where you can remove it using really long pliers (make sure to squeeze the plastic clip when removing).

Thanks again for everyone’s help. It’s nice to have ABS and TCS up and running XD. I’m really enjoying this bike!

• Supporting Member
Update: I found a dealership (where I bought my first bike, a Yamaha dual sport) close by that got me the part in 3 business days. I installed the wheel the right way and installed the new sensor. It’s pretty easy to do in about 15 mins. If you lay on the ground and look above the radiator, there’s a small wiring harness connector where you can remove it using really long pliers (make sure to squeeze the plastic clip when removing).  
Thanks again for everyone’s help. It’s nice to have ABS and TCS up and running XD. I’m really enjoying this bike!

Glad to hear that you got it up and running like it is supposed to be. 

By any chance did you pay a "set-up" fee when you bought the bike?  If so, I would ask for a refund as well as compensation for the parts you bought.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Archived