Anyone else watching Pastrana attempt Evel's jumps tonight?

He is using an Indian to attempt three of Evel Knievel's jumps, including the Caesars Palace fountain jump . I give him mega points for using an Indian instead of a modern dirtbike with lighter weight and better suspension. Its a live event, one jump per hour.

tv_evel_inset1a.jpg

EVEL_Show_art.jpg

I just watched the replays. It looks like a kind of sketchy landing over the fountain. One foot came off the peg. Compared to the bus jump, the fountain jump looked relatively small. I wonder what makes it so difficult? Approach maybe?

'15 FJ09

Great performance by Travis as usual. The hype and tv show was almost too much to take

Talking Heads: "He's doing it on an American-made bike as a tribute to Evel". Er, Evel's Caesar jump was attempted on a Triumph.

He also used Hondas, Nortons, and even Laverdas dressed up to not look like Laverdas, etc.

Geez that announcer was next level annoying. Here's a minute long video with all 3 jumps. http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=24043360
'17 electric white fj - oem heated grips - oem hard side bags - heated corbin saddle - mra touring screen - motodynamic tail light - baja designs led turn signals - yoshimura full exhaust/fender eliminator - k-tech razor r rear shock/front fork kit - evotech radiator guard - mt-09 adventure pegs - pazzo shorty levers - stainless bar end weights
'19 Husky fe501 - cut off a few things and fixed the fueling

Archived