Mt St Helens Ride

Scooter426

Did a nice ride up to Mt St Helens on Friday.  Very warm day (82 deg!).  Scenery was amazing.  One of the most scenic rides I have been on.  Did get stung by a bee! Ouch.  I ended up turning around early just to be safe.  Bike ran awesome.  Michelin tires were perfect.  Great ride.  I highly recommend the trip.

FJ_St_Helens_2018.jpg

• Supporting Member
Did a nice ride up to Mt St Helens on Friday.  Very warm day (82 deg!).  Scenery was amazing.  One of the most scenic rides I have been on.  Did get stung by a bee! Ouch.  I ended up turning around early just to be safe.  Bike ran awesome.  Michelin tires were perfect.  Great ride.  I highly recommend the trip. 
FJ_St_Helens_2018.jpg

What do you mean by “I ended up turning around early just to be safe”??
I rode up to the top a week ago, always a fantastic ride with very little traffic.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Friend and I rode up to Windy Ridge on Sunday. As always, a wonderful ride. Also as always, some very well maintained road surfaces, and some... very challenging surfaces to be careful of! I have been making that ride yearly since the eruption, and it is truly amazing to watch nature's regenerative ability. Wonderful twisty roads through beautiful mountain forests, extraordinary views of once devastated lands coming back to life. Unfortunately all of this was shrouded in a dreadful pall of smoke from the terrible forest fires all over the west... Aside from the dreadful pall of smoke, it was a wonderful days ride.

IMG_0746.jpg

IMG_0746.jpg
IMG_0751.jpg

I did turn around earlier than I planned because of the sting. My arm was swelling up and I figured I should get back to civilization. I started from Toutle, WA area. I ride MX there and bring my trailer out with the MX bike and the FJ. That way we can take rides up the mountain road at any time. We can even jump in the river after to cool off!

• 6 months later...

Archived