Sign in to follow this  
naskimura

Can MT 09 Tracer can fit parts from Tracer GT

Greetings to all!!

Anyone have any idea whether we can fit tracer gt parts into older tracer?

For example;
1) Rear shock
2) cruise control
3) Heated grips
4) many more.......

I would think that the shock and heated grips should fit, the CC unit might be a nightmare converting to the older bike though.
Other than having a remote preload adjuster, I would be willing to bet that the shock itself is the same low budget unit.

One part that has me curious as far as backward compatibility is the longer swingarm from the GT. Of course you would need several link longer chain, but that longer wheel base could possibly cure come riders stability issues.
  • Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I would think that the shock and heated grips should fit, the CC unit might be a nightmare converting to the older bike though. Other than having a remote preload adjuster, I would be willing to bet that the shock itself is the same low budget unit.

One part that has me curious as far as backward compatibility is the longer swingarm from the GT. Of course you would need several link longer chain, but that longer wheel base could possibly cure come riders stability issues.
I'm just guessing here, but I think that the frame and engine on the FZ09/MT09, FJ09/Tracer 900 and XSR900 / GT is the same! It would be logic to save the parts and only have so few different parts as necessary. So the part of the frame where the swing arm attaches is probably the same on all bikes (I'm still guessing :)

I would think that the shock and heated grips should fit, the CC unit might be a nightmare converting to the older bike though. Other than having a remote preload adjuster, I would be willing to bet that the shock itself is the same low budget unit.

Longer swingarm it´s just the unit used on 16-17police bikes , AKA direct swap

I’m curious about the bars and side fairings for better wind protection. I got my fj09 for 6999 and would probably only get $4500 on trade. I love the GT but I don’t think there’s quite enough to warrant $8,500 for me.
  • Thumbsup 1

yeah, save ya dollars, ride the wheels off the older model and not be so worried about no cruise control, buy a plastic clamp for the throttle on long stretches to get feeling back in your hand. as for the swingarm, sure a longer one is better but the old one doesnt cause the death wobbles either. 

• Thumbsup 1

There are aftermarket cruise control units for the older FJ09 models, MCCruise I think was the vendor I used. I had the 2015 FJ09, and upgraded to the 2020 Tracer GT. While there are a few items that only come on the Tracer, I had already added most of the of those items on my old FJ09.  (including Cruise Control)