New Canadian FJ-09er

getpetey

Hey everyone. Just upgraded to a FJ-09 from a 2015 CBR500R. Found a lightly used 2015 with a little over 2000 km on it. Holy smokes what a difference!. Love the multi use ability of this bike, and the fact that it has more torque and power than I will ever need. So far so good! Looking forward to reading and learning as much as I can about this bike. Take care and thanks for having me!

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the bike. Give it some TLC... like new oil/filter, brake fluid and such, if these have been in there since new. Been nearly four years since it rolled off the line. Enjoy!
Great tips. Oil and filter were changed. We only have a few weeks of riding up here left, but I think it’s a good call to get all of the fluids swapped out.

Welcome, you made an excellent choice. I bought a 2015 end of June with 2348 miles on it for a song and haven't looked back. Just got back from 1500 miles, Arkansas and The Ozarks. Very satisfied with my decision to buy an FJ.             

..........................but I think it’s a good call to get all of the fluids swapped out.

Sounds like a good winter project. Ride and enjoy the bike for now until the first snow. 

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

• Premium Member
Congrats on the bike, and welcome to the forum.

I would change all the fluids, check the tires, and go riding. It's a great bike, and It loves to be out riding.....

• Premium Member
No such thing as too much torque and horsepower.
Should be written on a granite tablet somewhere.  :)

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

Archived