GT Protection

Hey what types of axle or handle bar-end sliders are you using? Any work with the hand guards on for a GT? Has anyone seen what the GIVI TN2139 engine bars look like yet? All the pictures say not available where ever I have seen them.

I am using the Evotech performance rad guard, front and rear axle sliders. You can also look at rg-racing as they have the handlebar sliders. The Givi handlebars are still in production for the GT

• Supporting Member
I ditched my handguards and installed FZ1 bar ends.  Also have some frame sliders en route from Higdonion.com.
2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT (Annabelle)
2013 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Juliette)
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300 (Rachel)
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S (Fiona)
2006 Honda VFR800 (Jenny)
2005 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Hannah)
2003 Honda Shadow Sabre VT1100 (Veronica)

I did get an Evotech rad guard already, and I plan on taking off the hand guards in the spring and trying that out when it warms up. so I guess I may like it and get some normal bar ends down the line. I am thinking of getting rear TST Womet-Tech spool/sliders ($19 USD) and maybe their $40 front sliders. still looking around though. I am tempted to get the old model givi crash bars, but my new LED front signals are not rubber mounted so I worry it will rub that or not fit properly. I have been told by someone else either on here or facebook that it should fit snugly, but im worried about taking that leap

https://tstindustries.com/Womet-Tech-Swingarm-Spools-Sliders-Womet-Tech-Yamaha.html

• Supporting Member
I installed the Yamaha frame slidders and radiator guard, I got a deal from the dealer. I went with the R&G 3 piece engine case cover set and R&G axle sliders for and aft.

He who dies with the most toys wins.

• 2 years later...
On 10/4/2018 at 12:54 PM, whistler said:

I ditched my handguards and installed FZ1 bar ends.  Also have some frame sliders en route from Higdonion.com.

can you tell us where from,,I'm having a heck of a time finding something. that works ,,I ditched handgaurds and ordered Womet  for a MT 09,,that was a waste of money has they don't sit flush

thanks

• Supporting Member
On 6/30/2021 at 5:52 PM, Bill H said:

can you tell us where from,,I'm having a heck of a time finding something. that works ,,I ditched handgaurds and ordered Womet  for a MT 09,,that was a waste of money has they don't sit flush

thanks

Bill, I got my 2014 FZ1 bar ends from BabbittsOnline.com.  The link is  is https://www.babbittsonline.com/oemparts/a/yam/52a770e6f87002486c5d2424/steering-handle-cable .  It's item #4.  However, they do not fit flush to the bar.  That wasn't a concern for me, though.  They've been on my 2019 GT for many thousands of miles now with no issues as all.  Hope this helps.

319575662_FZ1barends.thumb.jpeg.260b06058876949db34e28ebff4fb2f6.jpeg

2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT (Annabelle)
2013 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Juliette)
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300 (Rachel)
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S (Fiona)
2006 Honda VFR800 (Jenny)
2005 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Hannah)
2003 Honda Shadow Sabre VT1100 (Veronica)