Tank plastic warped? Improper installation?

Hey everyone. I bought my bike from the original purchaser, and he claimed it's how it looked from assembly at 0 miles.  From the day I bought it, the right side tank plastic has had a 3/4" gap between it and the tank. The left side though, is what I would consider correct, with only an 1/8" gap. Is there something just assembled incorrectly about the front end to cause this? Thanks!
IMG_20180830_194818520_HDR.jpg

IMG_20181010_085350.jpg

Hey everyone. I bought my bike from the original purchased1r, and he claimed it's how it looked from assembly at 0 miles.  From the day I bought it, the right side tank plastic has had a 3/4" gap between it and the tank. The left side though, is what I would consider correct, with only an 1/8" gap. Is there something just assembled incorrectly about the front end to cause this? Thanks! IMG_20180830_194818520_HDR.jpg

IMG_20181010_085350.jpg

if you take off the trim "collar" around top of the gas tank, you can unbolt the top bolt for that panel and put the little tab back in its slot...that will close that gap in the trim...

2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

To explain a bit more - that hidden rubber dampener slides into a slot on the RH side of the fairing. If you don’t get it in the slot, then it folds down the metal that the dampener is attached to which would create the gap you illustrated. You may need to tweak the metal slightly to get it to fit correctly again.

-Skip

Archived