Tracer 900 GT handlebars

• Premium Member
Finally got to see and sit on a new GT today.  Have to say that the new, narrower handlebars are quite an improvement over previous years.  Seem to have more sweep and put the grips a little closer to the rider.  Very comfortable for me.

My FJ is farkled out fairly extensively and I'm not considering trading for the new model, but I was impressed enough by the handlebars to order a set for for my bike.  Can't wait to put them on my FJ!

• Premium Member
Did you order the Yam ones or find aftermarket bars that have the similar specs?
I ordered OEM.  If I knew the specs I might have ordered aftermarket, but I'm not aware of a source for the actual specs of the OEM bars.

• Supporting Member
Finally got to see and sit on a new GT today.  Have to say that the new, narrower handlebars are quite an improvement over previous years.

I hope you like the new Tracer bars, narrower with a bit more sweep should be an improvement for sure, that was one of the first changes I did to my '15. 

When looking over the bike on the showroom, the first thing that caught my eye was the excessively wide bars, I knew right away that those would have to go in the trash.

I bought narrower bars and then cut a little bit more off each end, with the grip and throttle tube installed, my width is 30" grip to grip.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Archived