Wobbly seat

Haven't rode my bike yet but I took the seat off to remove the battery until spring( bought the bike in January).
I put the seat back on and it seems locked and all but it wobbles a bit like its not seated perfectly...anyone else have this issue?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I found mine wobbles in the high setting, however it just seems to do it when I'm off the bike and move the seat - I've not noticed any movement whilst on the bike.

I found mine wobbles in the high setting, however it just seems to do it when I'm off the bike and move the seat - I've not noticed any movement whilst on the bike.
Perhaps its your fatass keeping it firmly positioned..lol  
 joking aside, It took me 20 fricken minutes to figure out how to get the rider seat off! that lever is well hid, i also notice the seat wobble and thought OMG you do have to make sure the rear locating lug is in the right position tried it on high and agree its fine
when riding.

Perhaps its your fatass keeping it firmly positioned..lol  

It finally good for something ::) , yip the weight settles the seat down and no wobble. Sure was an issue trying to get it off first time. 

I thought the same thing. Until i played with it and now worlks perfect. You most likely dont have the front seat catch seated properly. There are two positions for low and high. Double check it. When it is in right it doesnt wobble at all

• 2 weeks later...
Mine does the same in the high position... I usually don't notice it, but sometimes the tab in the high spot jumps out and the back of the seat clunks down to the low spot, and I have to open it all up to set it straight again. Very odd.
s e t h
2015 FJ-09 (The Me Bike) - CalSci, RAM, Shad, Givi, CrampBuster, Grip Puppies, GoPro, my custom Garage Door Opener Mod
2014 Valkyrie (The We Bike) - Too much to list, and no one on this forum cares anyway :)

I thought the same thing. Until i played with it and now worlks perfect. You most likely dont have the front seat catch seated properly. There are two positions for low and high. Double check it. When it is in right it doesnt wobble at all 

What Henry said. You guys with wobbly seats have something assembled incorrectly.
-Make sure the plastic support is in the correct position for your chosen height.

It IS possible to insert the "tab" of the front seat into either slot (just below the gas tank) when the plastic support is in the wrong position. This causes the rear to not stay securely in the "hi" or "low" hole - which causes the rocking.

For more help, check your owners manual.
-skip

Hey Skip... appreciate the input, but I've turned my fair share of wrenches and have read the manual. I know how to install the seat in both positions (including moving the bracket), and it still has a lot of play in it - more than any other bike I've owned or worked on. Something's not quite right.
s e t h
2015 FJ-09 (The Me Bike) - CalSci, RAM, Shad, Givi, CrampBuster, Grip Puppies, GoPro, my custom Garage Door Opener Mod
2014 Valkyrie (The We Bike) - Too much to list, and no one on this forum cares anyway :)

Guest lawrenceofsuburbia
Surely an insecurely fastened/ wobbly seat is about the last thing you'd want on a motorcycle!
When I was looking at the bike in the dealership here I asked the salesman to check if the seat was in the lower position before throwing a leg over (it was) but he had the greatest difficulty getting it almost right - the process of changing between one height and the other and reinstalling the seat securely made Rubik's Cube look like child's play!
OK - I know that it's usually a set-and-forget step, but again - a wobbly seat would be a decided turn-off for me.
L of S [em]('39 model)[/em][em]Brisbane, [/em][em]Queensland, [/em][em]Australia[/em]

• Premium Member
You won't have a problem in the lower option and like most things, once you get familiar with the male & female parts and which orifice is preferred for maximum satisfaction then your confidence improves, so to speak.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Wessie - lolz.

Order- no worries. No accusations here, just trying to help out.

I grabbed my seat last night to check it, see if we can compare wobbles. 8-). Mine is VERY secure in the front, but the rear of the seat rocks gently if I put pressure with my palm on one side while lifting the opposite side. Hard to explain. But I would call this typical movement. In my mind, what I am feeling is the seat gently "rocking" left to r (or r to l, whichever) and I can visualize the "rocking" happening around both the plastic tab/slot where the rh rear of the seat fits into the subframe in the chosen (hi or low) position - and the metal "tab" in the center of the rear part of the seat which actually latches near where the rubber plug goes in.

Lengthy explanation but what I'm trying to say is that some rocking around those 2 rear tabs is probably typical.

Is that what you are experiencing , or is your seat moving all over the place?
-S

Archived