Twisties and tide pools on the Oregon coast

keithu

• Premium Member

Last weekend we went to Florence, Oregon to celebrate my in-laws' 50th anniversary. I looped down there on some classic Oregon twisties: OR-36 and OR-126 to Florence, then home via US-101 and OR-34. Along the way I stopped to check out some tide pools north of Haceta Head.

DSCF6003.JPG

DSCF6042.JPG

DSCF6087.JPG

• Premium Member

I’ve was in Oregon in 2017. The diversity and beauty of her landscapes blew me away. Especially the desert.  I never thought of Oregon having a desert.

The only thing I didn’t like was having the gas station attendant watch me pump gas. That was a new experience.....The first time I stopped; I didn’t realize the guy was as stand behind me. I had a tail bag on the back seat so I stand on the peg and swing my leg high over the bag when getting off. Kicked that dude right in the chest. 

Let’s go Brandon

• Premium Member

Yeah. I liked the gas thing when my kids were young. I could just sit in the car with them while the attendant pumped the gas. Now it's just a PITA.

About 10 years ago Oregon legalized self serve gas for motorcycles. But at many stations the attendant still wants to hand you the nozzle and press all the buttons. It's weird.

• Supporting Member
12 hours ago, keithu said:

Yeah. I liked the gas thing when my kids were young. I could just sit in the car with them while the attendant pumped the gas. Now it's just a PITA.

About 10 years ago Oregon legalized self serve gas for motorcycles. But at many stations the attendant still wants to hand you the nozzle and press all the buttons. It's weird.

Yes, it is weird in Oregon.  Depending on the station and attendant working that day, they will either want to run your card for you and then hand you the pump or ignore you altogether and leave you sitting there.

I have gotten to the point, whenever I am in Oregon, I just gas up as if I was in any other state and let them correct me if they choose.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Archived