Do I have a quickshifter???

getpetey

Sounds like a silly question, I know. Got sucked in by the Tracer GT and read all about it. Bought 2015 FJ-09 in the fall and assumed it had a quickshifter. Then I read somewhere that there wasn't a quickshifter on these bikes at this time. Just confused as to how to tell. When I'm riding, if I have upward shifter on the shift lever and let off the throttle, it shifts like mad. Does this mean I have a quickshifter or am I doing some damage to my ride?

Best thing you can do is post a picture of your bikes gear lever but the non-GTs don't have it as standard. It sounds like you are probably just doing clutchless shifting which if done right won't damage your bike

3 hours ago, bugie said:

Best thing you can do is post a picture of your bikes gear lever but the non-GTs don't have it as standard. It sounds like you are probably just doing clutchless shifting which if done right won't damage your bike

I’ll do that. Thanks!

well he says that it shifts like mad... so he is not doing it properly.... you dont have qs 99%. you should see a cable "leaving" the rod and also having a gauge as in the first photo or this one that shows a woolich shifter-blipper (by cordona) 

123.jpg

MODS: custom remapped 133 wheel power by T.R.E. / K&P WORKSHOP,  WOOLICH RACING + race tools package, reprofiled cams,  ported cylinder head,  higher compression, bored throttle bodies, ape cam tensioner,  OHLINS FGK237 cartridge & YA 535,  GPR V4, SKF Fork seals,  BREMBO RCS 19 Corta Rossa with SC pads, HEALTECH shift light PRO, AKRAPOVIC racing carbon exhaust, slipper clutch + Barnett clutch springs, JT Sprockets + JVMX 525 black 112 links chain, oil temp gauge drain plug, air filter DNA + Modded airbox, PIRELLI ROSSO CORSA II, YAMAHA LED plus blinkers, antitheft alarm scorpio 900i + perimeter sensor + kill engine module, CELLULAR INTERPHONE led slim fog lights with yamaha oem mounting bracket, YAMAHA heated grips and more....

Well, judging by the education you've all given me, I certainly do NOT have a quickshifter.  Sounds like I am just clutchless upshifting when I do it. To clarify, when I say shifts like mad, I mean its quick, easy and awesome. Not mad like WTF is happening mad.....lol

Archived