Tracer swingarm conversion to the FJ-09

rain

Sorry if it has it's own thread already. Please direct me.

I looked around and haven't seen the longer swingarm available anywhere, or anyone converting the FJ-09 over to it.

Maybe it really isn't that big a deal, but has anyone done it? My bike gets a little squirrely when on it hard and in the turns. It's already plenty flickable.

Anyone?

rain

• Supporting Member
5 minutes ago, rain said:

My bike gets a little squirrely when on it hard and in the turns. It's already plenty flickable.

A quality rear shock will fix you right up. The "wallowy" feel can be cured with improved rebound damping.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

4 hours ago, rain said:

My bike gets a little squirrely when on it hard and in the turns.

I support the view that in the end, upgrading your suspension is the way to go. But, in the meantime you can try lowering tyre pressures and also raising the forks in the triple tree. Both have a positive effect on reducing the light feel of the front end.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

You can't swap easily without a big dive in your pocket ... it's expensive.  You need longer chain, new shock and the swingarm. Also new cable for abs etc... as mentioned be4, a better suspension and 2 rivets on the chain (110--》112 links) will do the job. 

MODS: custom remapped 133 wheel power by T.R.E. / K&P WORKSHOP,  WOOLICH RACING + race tools package, reprofiled cams,  ported cylinder head,  higher compression, bored throttle bodies, ape cam tensioner,  OHLINS FGK237 cartridge & YA 535,  GPR V4, SKF Fork seals,  BREMBO RCS 19 Corta Rossa with SC pads, HEALTECH shift light PRO, AKRAPOVIC racing carbon exhaust, slipper clutch + Barnett clutch springs, JT Sprockets + JVMX 525 black 112 links chain, oil temp gauge drain plug, air filter DNA + Modded airbox, PIRELLI ROSSO CORSA II, YAMAHA LED plus blinkers, antitheft alarm scorpio 900i + perimeter sensor + kill engine module, CELLULAR INTERPHONE led slim fog lights with yamaha oem mounting bracket, YAMAHA heated grips and more....

3 hours ago, kemmotar said:

You can't swap easily without a big dive in your pocket ... it's expensive.  You need longer chain, new shock and the swingarm. Also new cable for abs etc... as mentioned be4, a better suspension and 2 rivets on the chain (110--》112 links) will do the job. 

I don't know if you will need a new shock or cable for abs mentioned... but I agree that upgraded suspension is the way to go.

I looked through the parts diagrams and concluded that it would cost about $700 for the swingarm and parts (that doesn't include a new shock if that is needed)

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

2 hours ago, duhs10 said:

I don't know if you will need a new shock or cable for abs mentioned... but I agree that upgraded suspension is the way to go.

I looked through the parts diagrams and concluded that it would cost about $700 for the swingarm and parts (that doesn't include a new shock if that is needed)

i have read in a forum that it is a little longer... maybe a mistake. I also checked my selft and the part numbers for the shock in the basic model of 2019 (not gt) and the older model seem the same...
the certain thing is that ohlins gives different spring rates on the aftermarket shocks, same model, different spring .. its logical since there are 60mm and this difference is huge in terms of damping forces for the old spring.... 
me for example, i have the ya 535 in my 2015, with a 100Nm spring and I have longer rear wheel by 20mm, (added 2 rivets in my chain)

OHLINS YA 537 - S46HR1C1S (2018)

Length:    329 mm
Stroke:    65 mm
Spring rate 115 N/mm
Spring free length 170 mm

YA 535  S46HR1C1S 2015-2017

Length 329 mm
Stroke 65 mm
Spring rate 95 N/mm
Spring free length 170 mm

MODS: custom remapped 133 wheel power by T.R.E. / K&P WORKSHOP,  WOOLICH RACING + race tools package, reprofiled cams,  ported cylinder head,  higher compression, bored throttle bodies, ape cam tensioner,  OHLINS FGK237 cartridge & YA 535,  GPR V4, SKF Fork seals,  BREMBO RCS 19 Corta Rossa with SC pads, HEALTECH shift light PRO, AKRAPOVIC racing carbon exhaust, slipper clutch + Barnett clutch springs, JT Sprockets + JVMX 525 black 112 links chain, oil temp gauge drain plug, air filter DNA + Modded airbox, PIRELLI ROSSO CORSA II, YAMAHA LED plus blinkers, antitheft alarm scorpio 900i + perimeter sensor + kill engine module, CELLULAR INTERPHONE led slim fog lights with yamaha oem mounting bracket, YAMAHA heated grips and more....

Archived