Riding position

On 2/1/2019 at 9:06 PM, alquimista said:

riding position is not as straight as I'd like. My body tends to lean forward

if the sargent seat is adjustable, place it in the lower setting to sit up straighter instead of tall. raising your butt height will lean you more into the bars. lowering it will have you sitting more up-right

• Premium Member

I put 1-1/2 " lower bars!  But they sweep back + 3/4" more and while I'm 6' (only 1.83 m, 3" shorter than 1.91 m) , I leave the Sargent low and flipped the OEM risers closer cuz I have Gorilla length arms so I still need the Givi Tour screen with the MRA Tour spoiler on top of that!

Does this confuse anyone?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2019 at 4:33 PM, thepmh said:

if the sargent seat is adjustable, place it in the lower setting to sit up straighter instead of tall. raising your butt height will lean you more into the bars. lowering it will have you sitting more up-right

I'll try it. Yet having the seat in the lower position will bend more my legs... I'm 1.91mts tall

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi mates. I would like to raise again this topic since I am planning to move from tracer 700 to 900GT.

In my case, the riding position is an issue, due to short body type (around 168cm).

I have tested Tracer 900 (not GT) twice, and I also found that the motorcycle sets the body position to lean forward (seat was set to lower setting). My research until now, shows that this is due to the slight curve to the rear of the seat which pushes me forward and probably due to the unusual backward position of the rider's foot pegs. Note that feet on the ground are not the major issue. Above issue, makes my hands putting pressure on the handlebar, which is major issue for proper riding.

My concern now is whether the following 2 modifications could potentially resolve the problem in order to proceed with the purchase.

1. Modify the original seat in order to reduce the curve that pushes you forward and also lower the seat height for about 2cm 

2. Install Yamaha's original handlebar raisers in order to move it 2,4 cm closer to me and maybe some cm to make it taller.

Highly appreciate your comments and thoughts.