Riding position

I have an FJ09 2016. I'm 1.91mts tall, and the riding position is not as straight as I'd like. My body tends to lean forward, even whit a new Sargent seat. 

The rear suspension is adjusted to be at the top, and the seat is on the top position. Would there be more alternatives to improve the sitting position? 

10 hours ago, alquimista said:

The rear suspension is adjusted to be at the top, and the seat is on the top position. Would there be more alternatives to improve the sitting position? 

Another way to try is to lower the rear suspension and lower the seat position. That lowers where you sit and puts your riding position more rearwards. I tried this (1.88m tall) but went back to the upper seat position due to the angle my knees were at. Trying this won’t cost you anything, before you go down the handlebars riser route.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Supporting Member
9 hours ago, alquimista said:

I have read that cables are not that long in this bike, for handlebar raisers? 

Many people here using a bar riser (myself included) and haven't heard of anyone needing to replace their cables. 

As @jdavismentioned, you will need to loosen the clamp holding the brake line to provide a little slack.  Trace it backward from the front brake reservoir, it will be very obvious what part needs to be loosened.

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

8 hours ago, betoney said:

Many people here using a bar riser (myself included) and haven't heard of anyone needing to replace their cables. 

As @jdavismentioned, you will need to loosen the clamp holding the brake line to provide a little slack.  Trace it backward from the front brake reservoir, it will be very obvious what part needs to be loosened.

What raiser do you use? Any specific brand and size you recommend? 

• Supporting Member
9 minutes ago, alquimista said:

What raiser do you use? Any specific brand and size you recommend? 

I use the Helibars Risers that I linked previously.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 2 weeks later...

I just added some Rox risers that displaced the bar 1 1/2" up and 1" back. The brake line was ok although I did make an adjustment at the clamp per Betoneys suggestion, although the wiring harness going to the left controls is very tight. I think this is the max displacement you can get with stock wiring. I think 2" would be too much to work.