slip on muffler

KANNON

1 hour ago, KANNON said:

Does anyone make a slip on muffler for the fj09 and clear center stand.I  just bought a leftover 2016. Thanks.

The Tracer cannot take a slip-on in the traditional sense as the original exhaust is all one piece from headers to silencer.  In order to fit a slip-on you need to cut the original exhaust.  There are a number of manufacturers that provide products on this basis.  I and a number of others on this board have fitted a slip-on from Scorpion.  You can read about it here:

I am extremely happy with mine.

CS

1 hour ago, captainscarlet said:

The Tracer cannot take a slip-on in the traditional sense as the original exhaust is all one piece from headers to silencer.  In order to fit a slip-on you need to cut the original exhaust.  There are a number of manufacturers that provide products on this basis.  I and a number of others on this board have fitted a slip-on from Scorpion.  

CS

I thought Scorpion was the only retailer who sold a slip-on that fitted directly onto the standard exhaust (by cutting it down). Do you know of any others?

27 minutes ago, bugie said:

I thought Scorpion was the only retailer who sold a slip-on that fitted directly onto the standard exhaust (by cutting it down). Do you know of any others?

There are several.  A quick Google search reveals.....

Some work with the centre stand and some do not.  They also vary in terms of where the cut is made in the original exhaust: before or after the O2 sensor.  As far as I know the Scorpion is one of the few (only?) slip-on that does not require you to flash the ECU.  It is also type approved here in the EU.

CS

• Supporting Member
8 hours ago, KANNON said:

Does anyone make a slip on muffler for the fj09 and clear center stand.I  just bought a leftover 2016. Thanks.

At the recommendation of @captainscarlet I also installed the Scorpion slip-on.  There are ZERO clearance issues with the center stand and the Scorpion craftsmanship is a true work of art - its beautifully made!

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

1 hour ago, KANNON said:

revzilla's site claims this can does not fit fj09.Maybe with center stand removed?

Well they are wrong.  I've got one sitting on my bike complete with centre stand.  I suspect they are looking at the part no. For the FZ/MT 09 which has a slightly different connecting pipe not compatible with a centre stand.  If you read the thread I linked to you will find the correct part no. in one of my posts.

CS

I've just looked at Revzilla's website.  The product listing for the 2019 Tracer 900 & GT is the same for the FJ-09: Scorpion part no. RYA101. The remaining digits in the Scorpion part no. specify the finish.

If you check Scorpion's website you will see it's the same part no. for all years from 2015 onwards.

CS

Archived