Triple Tree Front Stands

I'd like to get one if they work for my 2016  FJ09. Anyone use one?  I have the fork pad style, but you cannot pull the front wheel with it in place as it blocks the axle from coming out. So my questions are:  What brand? size of the triple tree pin, any interference issues?  TIA!

Everything is simple, Nothing is easy

I've got a T-Rex triple tree stand. It's worked well for me across a variety of bikes. 

On the FJ I used the center stand then a undersized pin from a different bike to "tilt" the FJ back so I could get the front axle off. Wasn't really load bearing. 

That being said, I've used hugely undersized pins for several different motorcycles that were load bearing and not had issues. I highly recommend investing in a triple tree stand.

'15 FJ09

2 hours ago, piotrek said:

I use a scissor jack to lift the front end.

I've done the same thing with a scissor jack, but thought there has to be a better and more stable way.

• Supporting Member
29 minutes ago, 2linby said:

I've done the same thing with a scissor jack, but thought there has to be a better and more stable way.

It is still a 3-point support, but I get what you're saying... it isn't interlocked with the bike. For any lengthy work, I rest the bike on jack stands (placed under the Givi crash bars). Doesn't get more solid than that, and I have unobstructed access to my work area... plus can work the steering assembly freely. You might have to remove the horn when using the head stand... I recall I had to.

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

13 hours ago, piotrek said:

It is still a 3-point support, but I get what you're saying... 

Good idea on using the GIVI bars for support. Thanks

I use a Pit Bull triple stand that was somewhat necessary when I was doing a lot of track days and had the occasional tire swap at the track. Used the same pin that came with it on several bikes. There's an FJ-09 specific pin that comes with a collar enabling you to avoid interference with the stock horn. I put the money toward beer as moving the horn is trivial. 

Archived