First service and first sightings...

Took my Tracer in for its first/ 1000km service today, 160km round trip in torrid heat of 34 deg C and uncomfortable 70%+ humidity - I hate having to don ATGATT in these conditions!

Service was done OK, except that despite 'road tested' being itemised on the account the odometer showed zero km since I dropped it off!

There was a new Gen 2 Tracer (non-GT) in the showroom (first I've seen - pic below) which looked rather nice in a light grey paintwork with some red touches, but no panniers.    Sales guy said they'd had one GT in - since sold - but none now available until the next shipment from Japan arrives.

Outside there was a new Niken, first I've seen, and which he said was a demo bike.

4_AFE5_F93-_E20_B-4958-8_B62-_AA23791_E417_C.jpg

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Supporting Member
9 hours ago, wordsmith said:

Outside there was a new Niken, first I've seen, and which he said was a demo bike.

And?  That sounds like an engraved invitation to take it for a spin...  :)

1 hour ago, texscottyd said:

And?  That sounds like an engraved invitation to take it for a spin...  :)

The proffered invitation was declined - with thanks!   The sales guy - they cannot help themselves, can they? - did try, saying how 'planted' the front end felt.   I'd need more than that to tempt me!!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Supporting Member
4 hours ago, wordsmith said:

I’d need more than that to tempt me!!

And here is where we apparently diverge, my friend @wordsmith. I would have snatched the keys from his hand and been running for their demo Niken the instant he said “Hey, would you like to try...”  :)

Of course this is why I’m a sucker for orphaned motorcycles and puppies.  My wife cringes when I say “I’m just going to look at <insert item here>”

On 3/6/2019 at 2:29 PM, wordsmith said:

Service was done OK, except that despite 'road tested' being itemised on the account the odometer showed zero km since I dropped it off!

The dealership's Service Manager has since contacted me saying that he had checked with the mech who worked on the bike.   His frank admission was that the bike was so new and in such pristine condition (but isn't almost every bike at only 1000km/ 600mi from new?) that he didn't feel it warranted a quick spin on the road.   I had to chip him, noting that a new clutch-cable had been fitted, which alone would have made it desirable to test-ride the bike, I'd have thought... he agreed and apologised.   Makes one wonder what other items listed had merely been ticked-off.

It's no big deal, but a bit disappointing as I felt that the cuppla new-to-me guys I talked to in the dealership seemed a cut above the average Blokes (very average!) I'd dealt with there before.

• Supporting Member
9 hours ago, texscottyd said:

I would have snatched the keys from his hand and been running for their demo Niken the instant he said “Hey, would you like to try...”  :)

You and me both.  If they offered a demo ride, I'd be all over it.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

1 hour ago, betoney said:

You and me both.  If they offered a demo ride, I'd be all over it.

Get yourself over here and take my ride!

Archived