FJ-09/tracer 900 Denali Tri Optic LED Light kits are the bomb

Cruizin

Looking at adding LED lights for more lighting and visibility on of off the road? The Denali TriOptic light kits can't be beat fort their durability and options and Twisted Throttle has your back for step by step tech/install support after the kits arrive at your door. 

The DENALI D2 2.0 LED TriOptic™ LED light kit with DataDim technology produces a remarkable amount of light in a very compact package that is perfect for all styles of riding and types of motorcycles. With a powerful 10-watt Cree LED, the DENALI D2 casts a powerful beam 525ft down the road.

The D2 2.0 kit uses a just-developed HotSwap™ modular wiring harness that, by default, causes these single intensity lights to function at full brightness. But if you would like them to operate at both half and full power, simply add the dual intensity DataDim™ controller. No other changes are required except to replace the original relay with the DataDim™ module and connect one wire to the high-beam circuit. (You can also purchase a three-position switch to manually control light intensity independent of the bike’s high beam.)

dm_trioptic_image_web.jpg

d2_isolux_plot_web.jpg

Specifications:

LEDs 10 Watt Cree XPL HI (per lamp)

Power Draw: 1.6 amps (total)

Beam Distance (spot): 525ft

Beam Width (spot): 75ft

Raw Lumens: 2190

Intensity: Single Intensity Harness

DataDim™ Compatible: Yes

Operating Voltage: 12v

Pod Size 2.2in diameter x 2.4in deep

D2 Kit Contents:

(2) LED Light Pods

(2) Spot lenses (pre-installed)

(2) E-Mark approved elliptical flood lenses

(1) HotSwap™ single intensity wiring harness

(1) DrySeal™ waterproof illuminated switch

(1) 7/8in Handlebar switch mount

(1) 1in Handlebar switch mount

(2) Hinge mounts with M8 stainless steel hardware

(4) Zip ties & (1) adhesive mounting square

After ordering, if you run into any trouble or have any questions, call Twisted Throttle's gear experts at 855-255-5550 and they will walk you thru anything you need help with. 

DenaliBanner.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Supporting Member
3 hours ago, TubeRider said:

I'm told that full/half power switching is not straightforward on the Tracer 900 with the DataDim module. Is anyone successfully using one with this bike? (2016 Tracer 900)

Call twisted throttle themselves. They are a forum vendor and have great customer support, they can help you out. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, bluestreak1500 said:

Does Twisted Throttle have a presence on this forum?  Cruizin is the only person I see posting regarding Twisted Throttle. 

Like many companies, they are pretty darned busy running their business.  They have a website, a chat program and a phone, if you would like to contact them directly. 

On 6/19/2019 at 6:28 PM, Cruizin said:

Like many companies, they are pretty darned busy running their business.  They have a website, a chat program and a phone, if you would like to contact them directly. 

They are a class act and respond quickly to customer service requests through email. I was very happy with them during my Klim jacket purchase and delivery.

I tried Twisted Throttle, they thought it might be the blue wire, or maybe the yellow or brown one. Anyone know for sure? A picture of where you spliced in would be helpful. I have the fenders off so I can access the fuse boxes if its accessable there

I'm trying to splice into the highbeam to make the Denali Datadim function. It uses this signal to trigger the control to adjust the intensity of the driving lights. 

Edited by rikphred

• 10 months later...
On 6/29/2019 at 9:49 AM, rikphred said:

I'm trying to splice into the highbeam to make the Denali Datadim function. It uses this signal to trigger the control to adjust the intensity of the driving lights. 

Hey, rikphred, were you ever able to get your Datadim question resolved? I'm a new Tracer owner and looking to add Denali lights, too. Thanks.

The datadim requires at least 12 volts to work, it may have full voltage in the left controller behind the high low switch. I was concerned that if I dug in there, besides the tight space, that it still might be low voltage as the light controls go through the ECU. I found ECU issue from a corrupted ECU flash, when my headlights, among other issues, wouldn't work.  I ended up installing the Denali high low off switch. Not as convient, but workable. My lights hang off a SW-Motech crash bar, very clean.  If your getting the wiring kit you'll need one light cord extension.

• 5 months later...

I'm looking at getting the Denali D4 and I just want them to turn on together with the high beam but I can't figure out if if there is a proper triger signal on the tracer due to the led headlight?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2020 at 9:31 PM, rikphred said:

The datadim requires at least 12 volts to work, it may have full voltage in the left controller behind the high low switch. I was concerned that if I dug in there, besides the tight space, that it still might be low voltage as the light controls go through the ECU. I found ECU issue from a corrupted ECU flash, when my headlights, among other issues, wouldn't work.  I ended up installing the Denali high low off switch. Not as convient, but workable. My lights hang off a SW-Motech crash bar, very clean.  If your getting the wiring kit you'll need one light cord extension.

On 10/25/2020 at 9:55 AM, smeller said:

I'm looking at getting the Denali D4 and I just want them to turn on together with the high beam but I can't figure out if if there is a proper triger signal on the tracer due to the led headlight?

I think for the denali data dim you have  to add a relay no matter what, and create a positively triggered switch that way.

Wire up a negatively switched relay triggered off the yellow/brown wire in the led headlight control.  When the high beam is hit and it triggers the negatively wired relay, that hot out  of that relay becomes a positively triggered item...

I have my negatively switched relay for my aux rigid lights so I could add the denali data dim and wire it up exactly as denali suggests but use the + side of one of my aux lights as the trigger for high beam, then wire the + behind the windshield outlet as my switched.  At least I think that will work.