Replacing clutch/brake levers

I want to upgrade to Evotech levers, to get the clutch lever off I will have to remove mirror extender (Evotech) ram mount for sat nav to remove hand guard for decent access, a pain as I have mirror and sat nav exactly where I want them but doable.

Acess to the bolt underneath clutch lever is tight so I am thinking remove micro switch as I don't want to damage it, I think it is only secured with one screw?

Anyone done this? Advise appreciated!

• Premium Member

I don’t remember having to remove a switch?  I do pull out the bolt and grease the pivot about twice a year. Takes about 5 minuets. 

• Thumbsup 1

Let’s go Brandon

• Supporting Member

I havent used the factory handguards since I bought the bike but agree that removing them would make access much easier.  Regardless of the effort involved, adjustable levers are worth it. 

Just like @micah2074 stated, I remove them twice a year for maintenance.  Just pull the pivot pin and remove the lever, the perch itself stays tightened on the bar so the switch stays intact.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

1 hour ago, micah2074 said:

I guess that’s the neutral safety switch. 

Ive never fooled with it. 

My thoughts exactly! a long socket will reach the lever pivot nut but there ain`t a lot of room! I guessing if I broke switch is would cost more than $5!

Would be nice to have an adjustable clutch lever so that it doesn`t engage right near the end of the lever travel but I can live with it if it`s too much hassle to replace, I can do basic mechanicing and used to do loads of stuff on old bikes 20 years ago but modern bikes with all of this electrickery bother me!

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/29/2019 at 4:28 PM, nigel5 said:

My thoughts exactly! a long socket will reach the lever pivot nut but there ain`t a lot of room! I guessing if I broke switch is would cost more than $5!

Would be nice to have an adjustable clutch lever so that it doesn`t engage right near the end of the lever travel but I can live with it if it`s too much hassle to replace, I can do basic mechanicing and used to do loads of stuff on old bikes 20 years ago but modern bikes with all of this electrickery bother me!

Hi, Did you find any way to install adjustable levers