VINYL WRAPPING OF BIKE PARTS...

betony- Thanks, I just wanted a little bit of extra detail.

Wordsmith- Your Panniers should be a reasonably easy job. I would just use the adhesion promoter/primer to make sure you didn't get any lift. Another trick is to start with a piece of vinyl that is much larger than necessary. This helps you be able to stretch the materials and move imperfections off of the part if that makes sense. My panniers have a small compound angle and stretch and they came out nearly perfect. The REALLY hard ones are the pieces around the tank.

On a side note, I ordered a custom color matched rattle can of paint one time and it worked perfectly. It never seems to have the "depth" of factory but maybe if you clear coated it a few times and wet sanded and buffed it.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Im thinking of doing my side panels ,.

My bike is matt black and doing the four panels will enhance its appearance and make it more visible .

It wont be expensive or hard to do .

The cost of Tracer 900 decals might be costly

• 1 month later...

Just on the subject of Graphics, I came across this little beauty .

Graphics from France .

Very costly and the picture is of a early model Tracer .

https://www.idgrafix.fr/en/yamaha-mt-09-tracer-after-2018/1770-kit-decoration-red-gp-edition-yamaha-mt-09-tracer.html?#/option_stripe_wheels-yes

But I love it ,my bikes black .

Tracer kit-decoration-red-gp-edition-yamaha-mt-09-tracer.jpg

Yamaha Tracer 900 kit-decoration-red-gp-edition-yamaha-mt-09-tracer-idgrafixfr.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
7 hours ago, Scoti said:

Just on the subject of Graphics, I came across this little beauty .

Graphics from France .

Very costly and the picture is of a early model Tracer .

https://www.idgrafix.fr/en/yamaha-mt-09-tracer-after-2018/1770-kit-decoration-red-gp-edition-yamaha-mt-09-tracer.html?#/option_stripe_wheels-yes

But I love it ,my bikes black .

Yamaha Tracer 900 kit-decoration-red-gp-edition-yamaha-mt-09-tracer-idgrafixfr.jpg

Scoti - I like the Red with white trim portion of that graphics kit but hate the Monster Energy logo and not fond of the graphic on the panel below the seat.  The white wheel stripes really set it off, the whole kit really transforms the black bike. 😎

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member

On the subject of vinyl graphics, I bought a 4"x8" sample to check for color match and needed to do something with it so I added small accents to the front fender. 

image.thumb.png.b185f66b258189b5ef350ca720c4b98f.png

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member

Nice touch!  I see you got the engine scoop too.  Interesting choice; I'm tempted myself.

• Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2021 at 2:56 AM, betoney said:

Scoti - I like the Red with white trim portion of that graphics kit but hate the Monster Energy logo and not fond of the graphic on the panel below the seat.  The white wheel stripes really set it off, the whole kit really transforms the black bike. 😎

Wheels are good , black matt is so bland, as this French graphics is so expensive I may just do the front and side (under seat ), panels in a matching matt crystal white .

I have some samples off ebay  and Im looking at getting some second hand damaged panels to wrap ?

Two Pack painting is also expensive ,even though Im a qualified auto/aircraft refinisher (spraypainter),paints dear

2019-Yamaha-Tracer-900-Bike-Review-MJK6706.jpg

• Thumbsup 1