Hello from Staffordshire, UK

Hello everyone,

I had been riding a BMW 1200RT for several years but it was becoming too big and heavy for my ageing body. Back in June I booked a test ride on a 900 GT and ordered one on the spot. Don't ride it every day but have done about 1700 miles so far with a few all-day rides into Wales. Also really enjoying this forum with all the shared helpful comments and information. Next steps for me will probably be to swop the stock seat and the screen for something better.
I would certainly recommend a trial ride on a Tracer 900 GT for anyone who is looking for a lighter bike, value for money and with a huge grin factor!

Cheers,

CP

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Crossplane Pilot said:

I had been riding a BMW 1200RT for several years but it was becoming too big and heavy for my ageing body.

I too came from a series of Boxer twins - R1200Rs and GSs - and also had begun to find the 'too big and heavy' experience.  Another great thing with the Tracer series is the availability and relative value-for-money of scores, if not hundreds, of aftermarket bits 'n' pieces, all much more affordable than BMW options.   And the fun factor comes free!   Enjoy!

Edited by wordsmith
  • Thumbsup 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Welcome,

I'm in Shropshire so hello neighbour. I too noticed the light weightness as soon as I lifted it off the side stand. Getting a new MY18 next week, can't wait. Riding position did it for me though, lovely low pegs. 

Enjoy.

• Thumbsup 1

Funnily enough I got my Tracer from CMC at Cannock. I was really impressed with their customer service. I took advantage of some of the additional things they offer when I purchased the bike but decided against getting Tyre insurance.  Just a few days later I picked up a nail in the rear tyre and had to buy another one.  CMC sorted it out very quickly and I did tell James (Sales Dept) that he could use my story anytime he likes lol 😉

Welcome C.P.  in total aggrement with you about the Tracers nimble handling I am enjoying the bike. My tracer was supplied from new with the optional comfort seat and I can recommend it. I had to change the screen as the original Tracer one was hopeless. I opted for a Puig touring screen Initially felt it was a bit on the big side but any doughts disappeared after the first 5 minutes difference was fantastic.

• Thumbsup 2