Fuel consumption display

• Premium Member

I have found that if I measure it over a full tank of gas it is pretty accurate, but early in the tank, it is a bit optimistic. Once you ride for a while, you will figure out what your particular bike gets in terms of mpg. My 2015 settled in around 45 mpg, and I figure 200 miles is my range. I know I can get a few miles more, but I'm not interested in getting stuck because I was too stubborn to get gas when the opportunity presented itself.

• 1 month later...

Just filled up and the avge display was showing 66.6mpg

It took 16.17 litres and had done 215 miles - that equates to ~60mpg (Imp)

So about 10% optimistic. As I'm using the same mileage value there's something wrong with the fuel measurement. I'm assuming it's just in the display electronics/software, as the engine runs and feels fine.

That was keeping to 70mph cruising. Plus I don't go mad accelerating from lights, you can still out-run most things anyway.

I find I can do just under 80 and still keep the ECO indicator on, and then real avge consumption drops to ~55mpg.

Of course, that all depends on road mix, loading and what not. My daily commute is largely dual-carriage with a little urban at one end.

• Supporting Member
On 9/17/2019 at 9:49 PM, DavidS said:

My 2015 settled in around 45 mpg, and I figure 200 miles is my range. I know I can get a few miles more, but I'm not interested in getting stuck because I was too stubborn to get gas when the opportunity presented itself.

My '15 is the same, the display says about 47-48mpg but basic math says 44-45mpg. 

I have only ran it to flashing F-Trip a few times, I am always the one in the group who gets gas before I am close to running out, usually when it drops to one solid bar on the gauge.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***