Actual fuel capacity

• Premium Member

Maybe it's the E10 gas here, lousy local traffic until I get up into rural Cheesehead Land (I do not commute,  for the last 15 years I only ride for "pleasure"), the elevated speeds on our freeways and tollways, in conjunction with my aggressive right wrist usually in A Mode.  I usually get an actual average MPG of maybe 41, often less, when the bike's readout says 43.5 or more.  If I ride like I'm catatonic, I maybe get get an actual of 43.5 but who can ride an FJ-09 like that?  Dave of Vcyclenut flashed my ECU (usual tweaks) which I've read minimally effects mileage (maybe 1 or 2 MPG less but most here have had their ECUs flashed).   I do run the HUGE Givi tour screen WITH a top spoiler, Givi case guards WITH driving lights and highway pegs mounted on them, a Shad SH46 top case fairly loaded up with "What If" stuff and spare gloves, a sweater, balaclava, food, pills, etc (but my above stated mileage is WITHOUT running my SH36 panniers), and I am a BIG ATGATT boy (probably 250 with gear), all of which creates a LOT of added wind resistance (drag) and load to roll down the road.

Could all of the above explain my  relatively poor mileage?  I'm still of the opinion my tank holds no more than 4.8 US gallons...

• Thumbsup 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, johnakay said:

the tracer hold 18 ltrs max not 19 plus.

But it does. Unless Swiss petrol station didn't rip me off.

I've managed to fill with more than 19 liters, almost 19.5l.

Honda CB600F Hornet 2008; KTM LC4 640 SM Prestige 2007; Kawasaki Z1000 2007; Honda CB1000R 2010; BMW R1200GS 2010; Yamaha Tracer 900GT 2018; Yamaha TDM900 2002; Kawasaki KLX230 2020; KTM 690 Enduro R 2022: Bold = current

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, krucymucy said:

But it does. Unless Swiss petrol station didn't rip me off.

I've managed to fill with more than 19 liters, almost 19.5l.

4.78 gallons = 18.0943 Liters

I don't trust the Swiss, they said they didn't collaborate with the Nazi's too.

• Haha 2