Bought it just now!! Can't wait till delivery day.

mkvgti

17 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

Welcome to the forum!  

Mind if I ask which cameras you're getting, and where exactly they're being installed?

Thank you. It's great to communicate with people in overseas thru common interest.

Camera is Mitsuba "EDR-21", I'll post the link below. Sorry seems web page is Japanese only.

https://www.mskw.co.jp/motorcycle/edr/EDR-21

One camera is on forward direction, close to the horn. Rear view camera is on above of the license plate.

IMG_7898.jpg

IMG_7899.jpg

Edited by mkvgti
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, mkvgti said:

Both front and rear cam view is like this. If you buy a GPS model, map will shown on the right side. 

edr-21.png

that is a nice little system ...can the info on screen be changed to read in english or other languages? 

man ...looking at the conversion of an Yen to a dollar is mind blowing.  hard to get my head around the conversion rate.

54 minutes ago, kilo3 said:

Wow that's a nice bit of kit!  Whats that convert to ~250 USD?

Yea its around 250 USD. I bought it at 26500JPY, if you convert 110JPY/USD, its 240.

17 minutes ago, stumpy said:

that is a nice little system ...can the info on screen be changed to read in english or other languages? 

man ...looking at the conversion of an Yen to a dollar is mind blowing.  hard to get my head around the conversion rate.

Unfortunately it seems there's no other language version.  Manual is also written in Japanese only. I wonder if they (Mitsuba) release these in overseas market... I recognize they are global company, quite famous among automotive oem industry.

Is there any drive/motorcycle recorders in your market? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member

@mkvgti - I like those engine guards, they aren't obtrusive like every other brand I have seen.  What is the big rectangle piece on the bottom of each side?

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

22 minutes ago, betoney said:

@mkvgti - I like those engine guards, they aren't obtrusive like every other brand I have seen.  What is the big rectangle piece on the bottom of each side?

It's a urethane-ish clamped slider, I think. 

You were lucky to get away with a little road rash on the left hand side there @mkvgti. Proof that they work ok 👍🏻. Any other contact points when it went down?

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

1 hour ago, betoney said:

if you find a solid supplier let me know, in my generous free time ive yet to find anything state side. webike has them but 1/3 the cost is shipping.

• Supporting Member
On 3/25/2020 at 10:34 PM, stumpy said:

Not wishing to hijack the OP reply but FWIW this is the system (P6FL) I bought recently with the GPS option that shows your location in review.  It is a dual crash cam so video is OK for that but not GOPRO quality.  Also if you want good quality sound this is not the one to get.  Sound is recorded but quite distorted.  Again, OK for crash cam use.

2 hours ago, BBB said:

You were lucky to get away with a little road rash on the left hand side there @mkvgti. Proof that they work ok 👍🏻. Any other contact points when it went down?

Yes it worked fine. I had panniers so there are some scratches on it, and handle guard also have scars on the edge... 

• Thumbsup 1

2 hours ago, kilo3 said:

if you find a solid supplier let me know, in my generous free time ive yet to find anything state side. webike has them but 1/3 the cost is shipping.

Japanese sellers are mostly not adopted to international shipping due to language problem. 1/3 shipping is incredible. But recent virus issue made air freight expensive due to decreasing flights.