My new Terry Adcox Seat Arrived!

I was super stoked that Terry was able to get my seat turned around so quickly - just in time for Spring riding! The quality is top notch. I got a chance to put about 100 miles on it yesterday and it's a night and day difference from stock. Having owned a BMW with a Russell Daylong seat, I can feel pretty confident that this seat will bring similar results which means butt comfort isn't even a factor anymore. 

Things to consider - this is a custom seat. I sent in pics and my stats, as well as my desire to maintain, or even increase legroom. I'm tall - 6"5". This seat definitely increases legroom, but also height from the ground so I wasn't able to totally flat foot at stop lights with my left leg, which is just fine. It also put me up a little higher vs the windshield, so factor that. If any of this is a concern, mention it to Terry and I'm sure he can make it lower. Again, not what I was looking for. The seat is perfect for me.

IMG_5380.JPG

IMG_5378.JPG

• Thumbsup 3

That looks like a Russell Day Long copy. Does it have any built in seat suspension? I've had RDL seats on virtually every bike I've owned and it truly is a day long seat. I hope this one is as good.. What did it cost? 

On 3/26/2020 at 2:34 PM, mingo said:

That looks like a Russell Day Long copy. Does it have any built in seat suspension? I've had RDL seats on virtually every bike I've owned and it truly is a day long seat. I hope this one is as good.. What did it cost? 

It looks the same but it's all foam as opposed to the Russell that has a suspension system. That said, the end result feels remarkably similar. Firm, but comfortable. I think if one were able to sit on the two side by side, one could feel a difference. That said, whatever time I have spent in the saddle on this seat has been 100% comfortable. The weather (not to mention the Safer at Home status) has not been conducive to a long ride. But so far two hours in the saddle is excellent. 

It cost $280 which included return shipping. 

• Thumbsup 1

I have nothing but great things to say about  Terry's seat.  I went from Deals gap to home, north of Toronto, 1339kms door to door and that was stops from gas tank to gas tank.  I could have rode more if it wasn't for having to go to sleep.  I have highway pegs installed which is a great complement to his seat.  For the price....nothing compares in my mind.  My Sargent was good...but this is much better.

• Thumbsup 2

I ordered mine for my "19 Tracer GT, should be here by Saturday. I appreciate your comments and review of yours. I rode my MC 11K miles last year and had all I could take of the stock rider seat. I think I'll be far happier w Terry's design for my touring and day rides as I ride conservatively and averaging 60MPG on the nose across the 11K. I'm happy with everything but the height so I had mine professionally lowered 3/4"front n rear, happy now :) next are lower engine crash guards. I prefer the HEED design as strong 3 point attachment each side but they are not currently shipping to US from Germany due to COVID 19. I'll wait for those. ride safe

• Thumbsup 1