Lambda sensor blank cup

ilanr1

If you simply remove the O2 sensor you’ll get an error code. You have two choices:

- get a blanking plug that clips into the wiring loom, instead of the O2 sensor. These have a set of resistors built in that fool the ECU into thinking the sensor is still there. Example

s-l400.jpg

Kit contains O2 sensor eliminator with rubber end cap and a M18x1.5mm...

- or get your ECU flashed (which then ignores the O2 sensor).

Then you can remove the sensor and fit a blanking plate in the exhaust.

I presume there is a third route of pulling the O2 sensor out of the exhaust and tucking the whole sensor/wiring somewhere under the seat, but I don’t recall anyone doing this and I have no idea if it would work.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Hi , my thinking was at first just to pull the lambda sesor out of the exhaust and cover the hole with a blank cup.

Later to make my own plug from the old lambda's plug , to measure the resistance on the wires and to solder the right resistor instead. 

Thanks

• Supporting Member
7 hours ago, ilanr1 said:

Hi , my thinking was at first just to pull the lambda sesor out of the exhaust and cover the hole with a blank cup.

Later to make my own plug from the old lambda's plug , to measure the resistance on the wires and to solder the right resistor instead. 

Thanks

That's exactly what @BBB linked above.  It comes with everything you need in one package for a couple of bucks.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Resistor values here. Funnily enough, from your last thread on the same subject 🤪

• Supporting Member
7 hours ago, BBB said:

Resistor values here...

Timely post... like the cleaned up look of the O2 port on your bike, so I ordered the plug. Sensor input is "disabled" in the flash, so hopefully ECU wont throw an error code when I unplug the thing, but if it does... I will rig up a dongle.

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

6 hours ago, piotrek said:

Timely post... like the cleaned up look of the O2 port on your bike, so I ordered the plug. Sensor input is "disabled" in the flash, so hopefully ECU wont throw an error code when I unplug the thing, but if it does... I will rig up a dongle.

It shouldn’t cause a problem @piotrek. My tuner supplied a blanking plug for the connector where the O2 sensor wiring entered the main loom. I removed all the wiring and cable guides from the right hand side of the bike and then just put the blanking plug on. I’m sure it’s just a dust/safety cover though, no intrinsic functionality.

• Thumbsup 1

On 4/12/2020 at 6:40 AM, ilanr1 said:

Hi , i have tracer 900 with full system Arrow no cat   ,   2015 model.

Can i remove the lambda sensor and place a blank cup instead ?.

Your advice please.

Thanks

Educate me here, why do you want to remove the sensor?

I have a 2017 Tracer with a full Akrapovic carbon system, I installed the lambda sensor into the pipe and the bike runs great.

• Supporting Member
6 hours ago, ilanr1 said:

Hi , if you don't have a catalitic converter why do you need this lambda sensor ?.

It's useless...

At least in my case I use the Active Tune

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
8 hours ago, andz said:

Educate me here, why do you want to remove the sensor?

I have a 2017 Tracer with a full Akrapovic carbon system, I installed the lambda sensor into the pipe and the bike runs great.

You may need the sensor on your exhaust if the tune requires this input. My tuner (and several others) disabled the sensor input to be able to better control AFR and smooth out the throttle response... so the O2 sensor on my bike has since become a glorified anchor point for the slip-on.

Edited by piotrek
  • Thumbsup 1

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif