Pick a road, any road.

duhg

• Premium Member

I spent today riding in the sweet spot between Woodsfield and Marietta, Ohio.  Bike ran well on fresh oil and a used up rear tire (5100 miles on a Roadsmart III and it's on the wear bars).   Deer were no threat to me, nor were turkeys.  One dog tried like hell to catch me.  One cager crossed way over the center line on OH 536 while looking over her shoulder.  She never knew I was there until I had slipped past her.  If I'd been driving a car, it would have been a head-on collision.  Otherwise, no worries.  I packed a lunch and ate at the rest stop in Fly, watching the river from a shady picnic table.

may 24 2020 Yeehaw.PNG

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 4

https://ridemsta.com/oh-tmr/  Riding makes me happy. "Do it or don't do it - you'll regret both." - Soren Kierkegaard

2015 FJ-09, 60k miles, Hord Power ECU, K-Tech suspension, MC Cruise

I have ridden many of those roads, nice area, 536 is really tight and twisty, how is pavement on 26, last time I went across it much of it was chipped sealed, but it is still a great road with good flow, may have to cross the river and explore for a day and check it out. Worked in Meigs County and lived in Athens County over 20 years ago now, had generation 1 SV 650 and 98 ZX6R. 

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, mtneer said:

I have ridden many of those roads, nice area, 536 is really tight and twisty, how is pavement on 26,

The pavement on 26 is pretty good, not new but not bad.  536 is a favorite and it has not reached the need for new pavement yet, though there is one slip. 

https://ridemsta.com/oh-tmr/  Riding makes me happy. "Do it or don't do it - you'll regret both." - Soren Kierkegaard

2015 FJ-09, 60k miles, Hord Power ECU, K-Tech suspension, MC Cruise

• Premium Member

Last July I took the wife on a ride from TN up in that area. We spent a day in WV and a day in that part of OH. We stayed the night at the Stockport mill. I look forward to heading back up there.

• Thumbsup 1

Let’s go Brandon