K-Tech Suspension upgrade feedback

On 9/26/2020 at 2:06 AM, 1moreroad said:

Bike's back. There's a lot more compression damping. Looking forward to getting it dialed.

Not sure if you have both, but heavier springs = dial more rebound, less compression as a starting point, I had similar set up. The rear, fitted first, was a big improvement, the forks a bit better.

• Thanks 1

My take of about a year ago on my own K-TECH upgrade was "my bum thought it had died and gone to heaven".   

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

We had a real downpour yesterday, so I went out for a ride today expecting a few damp patches and the likes. Anyway, the roads were bone dry and the loch totally placid on 'my' side of the loch, so I got a bit carried away and went round the 'dark side' of the loch. Wheee! Soaking wet, gravel and mud and wet leaves all over the place, potholes, tight bends under trees so constant shade.

The waterfall is normally just a wee trickle this time of year, to give you some idea of how wet it had just been.

And I rode along at a decent speed, smiling and comfortable and feeling pretty secure.

All because of the new suspension. What a difference in the feedback from the bike in conditions that on the same tyres before the new suspension I would have been nervous and tentative.

I had one of the most relaxing rides in a long time, in the most unexpected and lovely of places. There is no more 'dark side' of the loch, only the other side :)

20201004_162154.jpg

20201004_162214.jpg

20201004_164307.jpg

• Thumbsup 1