New Tracer owner in Olympia

Salish900

Hey All,

Just brought home my Tracer 900 today and am delighted. Been looking at these closely since before they launched. Previous bikes include Versys 650, FJR, Connie and Aprilia Caponord 1200 Rally. Delighted to have this powerful, lightweight and easily maintained machine. Got what I think is an outstanding deal, as I was out the door for 10K, so bike was really down in the lower half of 9. About to launch into getting the side cases, and installing heated grips. I couldn't justify the added cost for the GT because I don't care about the TFT, though it is nice, and cruise control is pleasant but I honestly go long distances and find I use it less than 5% of the time. So I'll be out a grand and change to get the cases and grips, and still save a bundle for me. Just my call. Plus,  I love the armor gray color! 

I'm a DIY guy, so will be relying on this forum for all sorts of stuff. I know my way around machines, and so may be able to help a person or two. For now, just hello, and can't wait to spend more time on the beautiful machine. 

• Thumbsup 1

+1 on the welcome, I went down a similar route to you after test riding the GT and went for the base model no regrets on my choice.  Shad three piece luggage came with mine and I would recommend they have a neat fitting system and good size side cases. I also fitted the Yamaha heated grips that switch on through the menu button more expensive than aftermarket but I think they are worth the extra cost. Enjoy the Bike.

• Thumbsup 1

Thanks a bunch. I know there are threads on this elsewhere but, HGP61, would you say the installation of the OEM grips get warm enough for you in Scotland? We live in similar climates on opposite sides of the world! Got to go there someday as my mother's family were Brumbelows, and claim some Scottish heritage. 

1 hour ago, Salish900 said:

would you say the installation of the OEM grips get warm enough for you in Scotland?

Plenty warm enough, Their are three heat settings that you can switch between but you can customise these by selecting from ten different heat outputs. Got mine set to hot, very hot and very very hot (3, 5 and 8 in the settings menu if I remember correctly) . Out today between 5 and 8 degrees C and had to switch to the lowest setting. 

We do have some fantastic routes for such a small country. If you ever fancy a trip over Saltire Motorcycles in Edinburgh do a good motorbike hire and I can fix you up with a good week long tour that could take in most Southerly, Westerly Northerly and Easterly points of the country, Mind you that misses a lot of the good middle bits so you better plan for two to three weeks or two or three visits.

• Like 1