Doubletake mirrors.

Are your elbows any more clear with these vs stock? 

’70 Yamaha 125 Enduro; ’75 Honda CB360T; ’81 Yamaha XS650SH; ’82 Honda GL650 Silver Wing Interstate; ’82 Suzuki GS650L; ’87 Yamaha Virago 535; ’87 Yamaha FJ1200; ’96 Honda ST1100; ’99 Yamaha V-Star Classic; ’00 Suzuki SV650; ’07 BMW K1200GT; ’12 Suzuki DR200; ’15 Yamaha FJ-09.  Bold = current

13 hours ago, WKE002 said:

has the mirror vibration reduce (especially the right side) with these set up. last travel on highway night at 120-140km, cant see  a damm thing with the vibration (ok, am also half a century old). 

To be fair I notice the vibration around then as well, funnily enough it improves the faster you go,

I made a point of looking for vibration and found the left suffered more, I think they are better than stock however I wouldn’t wish to stake my life on it.

Thinking it through because the ram mounts are made of rubber it would make sense that they should be improved over the stock units.

Thanks for the update Funnelli...... gonna get a used mirror to try (from some web) remove the mirror and insert tire weight/balancer as claim to improve drastically before i plunge into getting a new one. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
On 12/22/2020 at 3:33 PM, Funnelli said:

You can adjust them out further than the stock ones,  so I would say yes.

I never found the stock ones to be a problem though.

One wonders why if the stock ones weren't a problem, why change to that?  Is it just me who thinks that looks ugly?  I added the mirror extension because I'd seen my elbows often enough.

It’s function over form for me, but I guess the look could be an issue for some! 
I think if what it looked like concerned me that much I would be riding a Panigale! 

I can fold them right down or remove them when I put my bike cover on which allows it to fit better, I use a sport screen so it massively reduces the profile of the bike when in storage. I also pop the left one off and use it to mount my GoPro when away from dual Lane roads. So there is method behind my madness!

The original mirrors constantly loosened , they were aggravating so  I was looking for a more practical solution.

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
9 hours ago, fjray said:

One wonders why if the stock ones weren't a problem, why change to that?  Is it just me who thinks that looks ugly?  I added the mirror extension because I'd seen my elbows often enough.

8 hours ago, Funnelli said:

It’s function over form for me, but I guess the look could be an issue for some! 
I think if what it looked like concerned me that much I would be riding a Panigale! 

I can fold them right down or remove them when I put my bike cover on which allows it to fit better, I use a sport screen so it massively reduces the profile of the bike when in storage. I also pop the left one off and use it to mount my GoPro when away from dual Lane roads. So there is method behind my madness!

The original mirrors constantly loosened , they were aggravating so  I was looking for a more practical solution.

Using those mirrors is popular with dual sport and adventure crowd.  I know several guys who use them, normal position on the roadway and then folded in and stowed when on the trail.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, fjray said:

Ok. I did about  30 miles of off road once. Never again. 

When you have the right tool for the job (not a street bike), riding off road is a blast.  In my area we have almost as many forest roads or non-paved access roads as paved roads, the amount of the areas that you can access and explore is mind boggling, especially since so much of the area is forested and mountainous.

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member

...I'm on the hunt for a small (250 or smaller)  second bike for just this reason.

I've a friend with a KTM that sees allll kinds of single-track in BC and he swears by these mirrors.  They're about as indestructible as they can be.

• Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

Good mirrors but off  road they will move on rough terrain. Good thing with them is they can be tucked in and are very robust in the event of a crash if they were not moved in. Many use them on the Tenere 700s but I do not have a set on mine, yet.

13 hours ago, roy826 said:

Good mirrors but off  road they will move on rough terrain. Good thing with them is they can be tucked in and are very robust in the event of a crash if they were not moved in. Many use them on the Tenere 700s but I do not have a set on mine, yet.

I so want a T7 i just don't have enough off road to justify it. Great bike👍

• Thumbsup 1