Changing up the Color.

Thinking about changing up the color, what say ye?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these 4 colors suit your fancy?

• Boring Grey 5000
    • MOAR Reddish Copper!
    • Burple
    • Urinal Cake

I'm bored and I do like color, there's just not enough of it on the bike.
I do like the reddish copper the bike is now and there isn't enough of it, but since I'm debating getting paint anyhow...

Grey.png

more-reddish-copper.png

Burple.png

Gold.png

• Like 3

• Supporting Member

I like all of those colors, except for the black, personally just not a fan of black bikes.   I am very partial to the red but would love to see an option with dark silver or gun metal grey.  I like the metallic/gloss highlights on the tank and fender vs. the flat finish on the side panels.

Were you considering having it painted or vinyl wrapped?  I am a HUGE fan of personalizing your bike to make it your own and would love to see the finished bike if you decide to do this. 👍

• Thumbsup 3

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

1 hour ago, betoney said:

Were you considering having it painted or vinyl wrapped?  I am a HUGE fan of personalizing your bike to make it your own and would love to see the finished bike if you decide to do this. 👍

Paint, the wife is getting hers painted this fall and I have a perfectionist of the shop just down the road from me.

They don't know how close they can get to match the color. Ideally it would be cheaper if they didn't have to respray the side blades and the rear section under the seat if I go OEM color.

I bought all the emblems that everyone hates already. 😁

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, NormR said:

If you don't mind saying, what price did you get quoted for the job ?

Not sure yet, I had a pair of fenders painted a few years back and it was 100 bucks. He usually paints cop cars so in his words "this will be fun".

• Thumbsup 3

Ok, always a good idea to check. Reddish copper it is. We'll see how hard it is to match next week. They are hoping it's not a 3+ stage paint or something like that. Might be doing the cases as well.

Edited by kilo3