Compact Bike Cover Recommendations

• Supporting Member

I want to get a compact half length bike cover for traveling to cover the bike at night, I don't need one that covers down to the wheels, just enough to cover the dash/ electronics and seat and packs down nice and compact for storing in the side case. 

The FJ/ Tracer is taller than a standard/ naked/ sport type bike and not as long as a tourer like the C14 or FJR.  Does any one have any recommendations for a cover that meets my criteria and fits properly?

Thanks, Brian

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, fddriver2 said:

1 hour ago, Ride365 said:

Yup what I also use and works awesome, packs away nice and small too. :)

That looks about perfect.  2 questions - what size did you get to fit your FJ/ Tracer and how small does it pack down to?

• Premium Member

Medium 

Ermax tall in the mid position 

20210312_105457.jpg

20210312_105705.jpg

20210312_105802.jpg

20210312_105903.jpg

• Thanks 2

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member

I was looking for a picture from when I had a much smaller MRA screen. It covered the headlight assembly. With the ERMAX it obviously doesn't. Just an FYI. 

• Thanks 1

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Supporting Member

Gotta be the strangest bike cover I have ever seen

image.thumb.png.2122acdab2b1cd513ad60bd7a55403d6.png

What rabbit hole have you made me fall down :)

I've been thinking about a half-cover too, danged UV just ruins everything.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 2

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• Supporting Member

Yeah, epic mistake / misprint / typo / glitch there.

Found this ad for med/L/XL - not bad for 50 clams CAD:

Thanks for the info!  Very helpful.

• Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• Supporting Member
On 3/12/2021 at 7:32 AM, fddriver2 said:

Before reading this thread, I used to use a twin-size vinyl mattress cover for the few times I rode cross-country or over a long weekend involving camping.  Would drape it over the top half of my little V-Strom and roll up and secure the excess with medium binder clips (or a few wraps of small nylon line to secure the cover to the bike in heavy breezes).  It was butt-ugly, but it worked like a charm.

Think I'll go with the Defender Half Cover from now on, though.

• Thumbsup 2
2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT (Annabelle)
2013 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Juliette)
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300 (Rachel)
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S (Fiona)
2006 Honda VFR800 (Jenny)
2005 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Hannah)
2003 Honda Shadow Sabre VT1100 (Veronica)

• 5 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member

...aaand my Nelson Rigg half cover arrived a few weeks ago, and me likey.  As others have mentioned, it folds down to nothing at all, great for keeping the sun from magnifying through the windshield and melting something / UV damage and keeping the dew off the seat.  It doesn't fit around the touring bags, but does secure nicely around the edge of the seat and pillion grab handles.

The medium is a bit tight with the touring windscreen, but certainly not enough to warrant a return or anything.  It actually works out well in high winds...it's tight enough that that thing ain't goin no place.

Thanks again for the recommendation.

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
22 minutes ago, knyte said:

...aaand my Nelson Rigg half cover arrived a few weeks ago, and me likey.  As others have mentioned, it folds down to nothing at all, great for keeping the sun from magnifying through the windshield and melting something / UV damage and keeping the dew off the seat.  It doesn't fit around the touring bags, but does secure nicely around the edge of the seat and pillion grab handles.

The medium is a bit tight with the touring windscreen, but certainly not enough to warrant a return or anything.  It actually works out well in high winds...it's tight enough that that thing ain't goin no place.

Thanks again for the recommendation.

I just got mine as well, I opted to get the large as it’s a few inches longer. I am leaving on an overnight trip into Oregon tomorrow, I’ll get a chance to try it out at the hotel. 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member
12 minutes ago, betoney said:

overnight trip into Oregon

PICS! :)

• Thumbsup 2