North Georgia retreat

1moreroad

Looks like a great trip.  The Barber museum is a must see for all motorcycle enthusiasts!!!

Next time you are in north Georgia, be sure to ride the south side of Blood Mountain from the bottom up.  

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, johnmark101 said:

Looks like a great trip.  The Barber museum is a must see for all motorcycle enthusiasts!!!

Next time you are in north Georgia, be sure to ride the south side of Blood Mountain from the bottom up.  

Love me some  Blood Mountain.  Roan Mountain is  pretty  fun too  when we stay in Erwin TN.

• Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, johnmark101 said:

Is that route 19 south of Wolf Pen Gap? I had hoped to connect that to Richard Russell Scenic Highway but we had to cut those for time.

This trip made me realize how much more of No GA I need to see. I usually head farther north into NC when I head east. 

6 hours ago, 1moreroad said:

Is that route 19 south of Wolf Pen Gap? I had hoped to connect that to Richard Russell Scenic Highway but we had to cut those for time.

This trip made me realize how much more of No GA I need to see. I usually head farther north into NC when I head east. 

Yes.  If you come off Wolf Pen Gap you turn south.  But it is best coming from Turners Corner up the south side where it becomes two lanes going up.  Cars are no problem and become rolling chicanes.  😁

• Thanks 1

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

100% worth it I have been going up there for 25 years and as many as 5-7 times a year.

I know the roads better there than in my home state. I also know the off road areas very well up in that region.

• Thumbsup 2

26 minutes ago, 1moreroad said:

Next up we're going to get to AR and then with my buddy living in Nashville, I'd like to head northeast into KY Appalachia

Some really great roads in north central Kentucky.  

• Thumbsup 1

If you make it to Arkansas and need some recommendations on roads, let me know. Mostly, anywhere west of Highway 65 and north of I-40 are great roads.

• Thumbsup 2