900 GT Replacement Mirrors

Has anyone found good replacement mirrors for the GT?  I'm still having some trouble keeping them from moving at higher speeds on the interstate.  I know all the tightening tricks from earlier discussions.  I think I'm ready to simply replace the mirrors altogether.  Thanks in advance.

I went with the Rottweiler mount w/ CRG Arrow mirrors ($$ - I scored a used set), and I have no regrets. The stock mirrors loosening up all the time drove me bonkers. The CRG mirrors are smaller, but I can see more because they are convex. As an added bonus, the stock mirrors created a lot of turbulence for me, so I have much cleaner air around my helmet now too. 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member
23 hours ago, fjrpittsburgh said:

Has anyone found good replacement mirrors for the GT?  I'm still having some trouble keeping them from moving at higher speeds on the interstate.  I know all the tightening tricks from earlier discussions.  I think I'm ready to simply replace the mirrors altogether.  Thanks in advance.

I use these, Mr. 'Burgh.  They're not inexpensive, but I'm more of a "one and done" kinda person.  The toughest part of their install is adjustment, but once they're adjusted, they stay put (after my adjustment dry run, I used some blue threadlocker on my final adjustments like I usually use elsewhere on the bike).  Their orientation is not what's shown on Revzilla's site or in their instructions, but rather my preference only.

Also, I bought some offset mirror extenders off Amazon (that I just learned are unavailable as I write this; see screenshot) which work well, too.  I imagine the same kind of offset extenders from anywhere would also function fine.

Anyway, here's some pics of my setup.  Hope they help a little.   Apologies if the pics are too big.

IMG_1264.JPG

IMG_1265.JPG

IMG_1266.jpg

IMG_1267.JPG

Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 1.24.19 PM.png

• Thumbsup 2
2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT (Annabelle)
2013 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Juliette)
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300 (Rachel)
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S (Fiona)
2006 Honda VFR800 (Jenny)
2005 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Hannah)
2003 Honda Shadow Sabre VT1100 (Veronica)

7 hours ago, whistler said:

I use these, Mr. 'Burgh.  They're not inexpensive, but I'm more of a "one and done" kinda person.  The toughest part of their install is adjustment, but once they're adjusted, they stay put (after my adjustment dry run, I used some blue threadlocker on my final adjustments like I usually use elsewhere on the bike).  Their orientation is not what's shown on Revzilla's site or in their instructions, but rather my preference only.

Also, I bought some offset mirror extenders off Amazon (that I just learned are unavailable as I write this; see screenshot) which work well, too.  I imagine the same kind of offset extenders from anywhere would also function fine.

Anyway, here's some pics of my setup.  Hope they help a little.   Apologies if the pics are too big.

IMG_1264.JPG

IMG_1265.JPG

IMG_1266.jpg

IMG_1267.JPG

Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 1.24.19 PM.png

Thank you Mr. Whistler!  I already have the Amazon mirror extenders as I like to see around my arms and shoulders.  I'm not sure of the actual mirrors you've mounted, but I read Puig on the mirror stem.  I'll go on a long explore.  Oops, I saw the link after I replied.  Thank you sir!

Edited by fjrpittsburgh
  • Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
6 hours ago, TomTracer said:

What about turbulence, better or worse from stock?

Totally my perspective and opinion, but there's no turbulence from the mirrors.  There's minor buffeting from the Cal-Sci screen, but I didn't buy it to be quiet (it's strictly cold-weather use only).  These particular mirrors don't create any turbulence in my particular case.  They're stable, vibration-free and have great optical clarity.  I'm very happy with'em.  Again, just my particular perspective...

2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT (Annabelle)
2013 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Juliette)
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300 (Rachel)
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S (Fiona)
2006 Honda VFR800 (Jenny)
2005 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Hannah)
2003 Honda Shadow Sabre VT1100 (Veronica)

• 1 year later...